How often are your buns outside?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel does not like to go outside. When we do take her out, she mainly just sits and looks at us as if to say" Why am I out here? Bring me back to my carpet!" She does like tunneling through the basil bushes when they are big enough though.

White Chocolate on the other hand, would have lived outside if she could. We brought her out in the screen tent every evening for 4-5 hours, except mid-summer if it was too hot, and winter when it was too wet.

My buns are in a pen during the warm seasons. However, we had a hawk scare in October, so they've been cooped up. I feel bad and I can't wait til Spring. I am currently building a secure, hawk-free pen!

I take my bunnies out every evening except when it rains. The rest of the day, they're indoor.
I set up an enclosure of chicken wire & put them in so cats can't get to them, since I'm always watching, when a cat does come, they never get close enough to scare my buns as I'll chase it away, far away.

I take my bunny yoshi out for 3 to 6 hours outside in the graden a day and he loves it he does skips in the air

:)

Solara is an indoor bun. We have lots and lots of hawks and other dangerous animals where I live. Especially foxes and coyotes and stray cats. I have no doubt they would come out during the day to get my baby. I don't plan on taking her outside. We don't have a fenced in yard to keep them out either. We live right next to a busy road. Too many dangers! D: oh well, when its real nice, I leave the windows open (with screens of course) so she can get air, and the windows are open to let in sun~

I have an 8-foot tall fence around my yard. So no dogs or coyotes can get in. And there are luckily rarely any cats around my neighborhood.

Now that the weather is improving, Gus spends several hours outside inhis run the back yard. He has his hay and some toys out there and, as I suspected, it's getting harder and harder to get him to come back inside! :p

From time to time, we'll put him on his leash and take him for a "walk" in the townhouse complex or even to the school field next door, but he seems to prefer his own "territory" in the back yard.

We live in a townhouse complex surrounded by townhouse complexes. The most dangerous predators around here are neighbouring cats, andsince Gus is as big as some of those cats, I'm not too worried about him. ;)

Rue

Back