How o you posste train?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Mad

Reaction score
Hutch is fine, she always goes in one corner ofthe cage, so i don't need a litter box for her. But Huggy won't stoppooing and peeing near Hutches cage. I was going to put a litter boxthere so e goes in that, but he lees and poos so much!!

I went out 5 mins after i had cleaned him and there were atleast 30poos pellets out side!!!!! :shock:It is not soft so it isn'tdiareha, so what is making him do this so much???

I think Huggy is trying to 'mark' the area ashis, is he neutered? I know what you mean by 5 min later there are over30 lovely gifts of raisins for you, for my two liked to do this aswell. How old are they?Try putting a box there all the sameand see if he will start to use it. Even though the droppings are notsoft, that amount isnt unusual. If you can believe that-I countedalmost 48 one day in ONE outing-I was shocked...where does it all comefrom? I swear, sometimes they cross their little bunny legs and justlie in wait.........................

hehe

Cher

OMG! I thought I was alone!Look at the pictures I posted below "Sibling Rivalry".Whenever Iszy is out of her cage and Lenci is in her cage, Iszy insistson peeing and pooping all around her cage EVERY TIME.

I reckon once he is neutered and gets face toface with Hutch then he might stop.On the note of introducing them, ithas beenweek and they have not growled or scratched ateachother, would a 5 min meet be advisable?

Lissa wrote:
OMG! I thought I was alone! Look at thepictures I posted below "Sibling Rivalry". Whenever Iszy isout of her cage and Lenci is in her cage, Iszy insists on peeing andpooping all around her cage EVERY TIME.
If I understand "rabbit talk" correctly, while it is about markingterritory to some degree, it is also an "in your face" insult as well.LOL. Don't know that any litter box will alter that practiceconsidering its motivation.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
If I understand "rabbit talk" correctly, while it is aboutmarking territory to some degree, it is also an "in your face" insultas well. LOL. Don't know that any litter box will alter thatpractice considering its motivation.
I thought it was an insult too, but Iszy actually lays down next toLenci's cage after she makes her markings. Do you think itcould be a bunny's way of protecting another bunny? That'swhat I'm beginning to think.

Rabbits will protect territory or harem fromother rabbits, but I do not think they protect them from harm, likepredators, for example. Her laying beside the cage may,indeed, be a taunt.

Our free ranging buns often will hang out below the hutch of therabbits who are not free ranging that particular day(the differentpairs fight) and there is no quesition in my mind, but that they aretaunting the cage bound individuals.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
while it is about marking territory to somedegree, it is also an "in your face" insult as well. LOL.
No WAY! Funny!!!

I'd better adjust Bub's attitude....he's leaving presents all over....hehe

(Yeah right, like that's gonna happen!!)

Rose

Buck Jones wrote:
Rabbits will protect territory or harem from other rabbits,but I do not think they protect them from harm, like predators, forexample. Her laying beside the cage may, indeed, be a taunt.

My innocent little Iszabel would NEVER do that to her sister. LMAO

Latest posts

Back