How much water???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4loops

Reaction score
I realize that amount of water drank in a daywill vary a lot between rabbits and their diets but I really can't findeven a rough guide on what a rabbit should drink on average?
I don't think "Swiffer" is drinking more than 2 oz per day, that seems really low.

Well, as a rule, you should provide unlimited water.

As to what they actually drink, it depends on the bunny. Some rabbits,especially those who are fed a lot of greens, will drink less. Also,the pellet and hay ratio tends to have something to do with it.

I have both a bottle and a bowl for my buns and I let them choose howmuch they want. Sometimes I think they dont drink much, while otherdays the bowl is empty.

I have five rabbits, all within 1lb of eachother. Two of them empty a bottle every day, one goes through 3/4 of abottle usually, and two of them last a couple of days on a singlebottle. Just like people, I guess there really isn't much pattern to it.

It varies with my bun but he drinks a minimum of around 8 oz. per day.

our2 dwarfs may finish 1/3rd bottle every 3 days

yes i know it should be changed daily - sometimes we do, other times it doesnt happen (bad bad bunny parents)

It's going to vary with each bunnie.

I use 32 oz. bottles for all buns.

Our buns average 4 to 5 lbs, except for Tootsie who weighs about 10 lbs

On an average they drink 4 to 5 oz. per day, except for Tootsie who may drink 1 to 2 oz. more per day.

`jim

My rabbits are quite the hefty drinkers, though they aren't that big in size.

Maisie, who is just about 5lbs, drinks about 20oz daily.

Flower, who is about 8lbs, drinks about 30oz daily.

Talk about moist poops!! Hehe...

It's funny...not like the house is warm. We keep it about 68F in here on average.

Hmm...

My rex Berri drinks the most, usually about 1/3of a bottle per day, But Pebbil and Ebony drink very little water.Probably if I left their bottles for a whole week they still wouldn'tbe finished! (I would never actually do that I'm just saying I could)although they do be outside in the run a lot so they get a lot ofgrass, but then so do does Berri:dunno:

Latest posts

Back