How much time should we spend with our new bunny?

Discussion in 'Housing and Environment' started by kloppie8, Jun 5, 2012.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Apr 21, 2019 #21

Rovin

Rovin

Rovin

I think you should spend almost a half of the day so your rabbit gets to know more about you and be easily tamed

2. Aug 27, 2019 #22

Erika Malady

Erika Malady

Erika Malady

Will the bunny learn to do this on his own? I just brought home my eight week old Holland lop and he is not eating those he is just leaving them

3. Aug 27, 2019 #23

VioletRose

VioletRose

VioletRose

Hello again!
    As far as I know, and I'm no expert, if he is leaving them it is possible that he is eating food that is too rich, as in nutrient dense, opposed to the hay/grass which is necessary for their gut health. When they eat food that is protein rich or nutrient dense they tend to leave their cecals. It is actually very important they eat the cecal poops as they contain good bacteria for gut health. You could cut down on his pellets, increase hay, making sure it is always fresh, even twice daily fresh, an unlimited amount available at all times and make sure he is getting only the amount of fresh greens, ie herbs, lettuces (not iceburg), small amounts of spinach and kale etc that is recommended for his size and age. If you google this you should find plenty of answers, especially from House Rabbit Societies. I am not on here often so I recommend checking online, there is really good info out there around diet, which is a vital component of bunny care, perhaps the most important one. Good luck with it all!

4. Aug 27, 2019 #24

Lauren Kiernan

Lauren Kiernan

Lauren Kiernan

Ours left them for awhile at the same age. He was getting alfalfa rich baby rabbit food at the time. Eventually he figured it out and I stopped finding them

Draft saved Draft deleted