How much is too much pee?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 Flemish giant rabbits that are 6 month old brothers. They are out all day and have access to food and water. I just got them a couple days ago and we've been staying at my parents house til tomorrow because a couple things needed to be fixed at my house so at night they sleep in my parents dogs kennel. Idk if any of this makes a difference or not but tonight I was laying down next to where they sleep and heard a weird noise. I know rabbits can't throw up but that's honestly what it sounded like happened and when I looked in there was alot of a milky yellow colored liquid. I started looking it up and from what I've gathered it looks like pee but there was alot of it. Is this normal?

How much would you define a lot?
My bun, a giant french lop, also gets to run drink and everything day in and day out, he also pees big puddles at least four times a day, i assume as much as humans would. When you have even bigger rabbits, and a pair to booth, they're bound to pee a lot. If they made a big puddle, in your circumstances, it seems totally normal to me.
Also the milky pee seems okay as well, taking into consideration rabbit pee is greatly alteted by what they eat. What do your rabbits consume by the way?

Thank you! That makes me feel better! They always have high quality pellets and Timothy hay. Then they have a little bit of vegetables a day and a couple slices of apple once, maybe twice a week.

Back