How much is that bunnie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
Now I am curious as to how much rabbits are in different parts of the world. I paid $25 for each of my rabbits. My buck is a largeunknown breedand he came with a crappy cage that we burned. My doe is an unpapered flemish giant that we drove 3 1/2 hours to pick up, when you count gas i paid $80 for her. Dwarfs around here are $25 average and large rabbits are almost impossible to find. A papered flemish cost $75 in southern Ont but is not show quality. What is the average in your area??

Well my boys were free -- they were accidental mixed breeds I got from a friend. My doe, a harlequin Holland Lopas a pet,was $60 because it is a hard colour to come by in this area. With papers she would have been $75. Most Hollands in this area run from $35 to $100 although the less popular breeds (Hollands are the most popular here and cost a lot more for that reason) can sell for as little as $15 for pet quality and $20 for show quality.

Mocha, my tiny Polish, was typical petstore price around here- $20, or free with a tiny cage.:?

Loki (dutch) was $25 from the humane society. He was already neutered. Spayed/neutered shelter buns in my part of the state go for $15-25.

Fey and Sprite, "purebred" dwarf hotots, were $15 for the pair, with nasty (rusty poop covered!:shock:) wire cage and "accessories" that were thrown out immediately. Still have the cage because we used it for quarantine. The guy just wanted his money back for buying the buns from their breeder (non-show qualtiy buns sold as buy one girl/get one girl free). Everything else, including the cage, had been scrounged up from the house or family (his brother breeds meat rabbits and gave him the cage).

There is one petstore in my town that I always laugh at when I walk in. Their rabbits are sooooo expensive, and for no good reason! "Dwarf" (Hey! That's a mini lop!) rabbits $50? Mini-rex that look mixed for $70??? Once when I was there I convinced someone who was looking at the rabbits to go to the humane society and adopt a spayed/neutered rabbit instead. When I told them their price and how much spay/neuter surgerys actually cost, he asked for directions to the shelter and went right over.:D

Elf cost $20

She was a pet store bunny and a Christmas present to me.

You can adopt altered rabbits from our humane society for $20 (should've gone that route LOL)

Here are the adorable buns up for adoption right now...

Bugs:

get_image.asp

Bun Bun:

get_image.asp

Jujube:

get_image.asp

and

Fig:

get_image.asp

Isn't he gorgeous? I'm surprised he's lasted at the shelter for a few months. He reminds me of someone's bunny on the board...but I forget who. She has 3 bonded bunnies....I'll think of it and edit this.

I have heard of some pet stores raising the price of their rabbits so people are less likely to "impulse purchase" them, especially at certain times of the year :::cough:::Easter:::cough:::

Well, Pepsi was free (I was going to pay for her, but the lady refused any money). Pebbles was $8 off my cousin. Best eight dollars I've ever spent!;)

To adopt from a rabbit rescue, it's about $50. I'm not sure the price for SPCA.

I have yet to find a single shelter in Alberta that neuters/spays rabbits before adoption. My boys were rescues from a friend (so basically I saved them from the shelter).

I got Zoey from a breeder because I refuse to adopt any animal from the local shelter. They will not give you the time of day if you say you want to have them outside, they are actually very rude if you say that and they said my rabbits were neglected because they are outside which I do not believe is true by any means. They told me I should surrender my boys to them if they are being housed outside. :X

Anyways, that's my rant! LOL.

I got Pebbles a Nertherland Dwarf for free. She was from a Vet who wanted Pebbles to have a good home.

The previousowners who bought Pebbles from a Pet Shop, discovered she waspregnant, left her at the Vets Clinic, to be euthanized because they didn't want to pay for the operation. The Vet refused to put Pebbles down, and made them give her up. Pebbles had a C-section for a stuck dead kit, then spayed, and farther treatments (shaved) for bite marks on her back. This was at the expense of the Doctor.
A few days later, Pebbles came home with me.

Rainbows! :)

Edit: Pebbles was5 months old at that time. :X

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
I got Zoey from a breeder because I refuse to adopt any animal from the local shelter. They will not give you the time of day if you say you want to have them outside, they are actually very rude if you say that and they said my rabbits were neglected because they are outside which I do not believe is true by any means. They told me I should surrender my boys to them if they are being housed outside. :X

Anyways, that's my rant! LOL.

If they only KNEW how good your rabbits have it!!!

My three girls were free. The shelter did want to spay them and I would have had them done, but to be completely honest I can't afford to do them all at the same time, I wouldn't want to put them through 'unneccesary' surgery (I know the risks of uterine cancer etc, but vets here aren't rabbit savvy) and I just wanted to get them home. I had no intentions of getting another rabbit at this point.

My rescue boy that I bought cost me, with a guinea pig, BD5 - which is roughly US$15. I bargained them down to that price... I've seen guinea pigs in a pet shop over here for BD12 (I think? Expensive, anyway...), but I'm not sure how much bunnies go for. I've never asked, because I could never have one. I think down at the markets they normally cost about BD3-5, but they won't be purebred anything.

i paid 50 each for my buns. they are both angoras, both in tact. our previous dwarf bunny was 5 at a farmers stand (definite impulse buy) she lived 8 years, i am hoping my new buns live similarly long lives.

i want a german (giant) angora, but so far haven'y found a breeder around here. but when i do....i will spend what i have to :lol:

oh and we live in pa, usa

Here in NZ I paid $20 for a holland lop from a breeder and will be paying for another baby from her and that one will be $25. For a good type rabbit that is a proven great breeding buck or doe you'd probably pay about $60-$70. Petshops sell rabbits for $40 in my area.

Here in Australia,Adelaide where i live,most pet shops sell bunnies for $25,some other shops sell for $30 and the dearest i have seen is $50.

I actually paid $25 for each of my buns(8 of them),Maggie and Tobi were free because they wererescues and..

Zach

Wally

Ebony

Josie,were also rescues,they were gonna be snake food,they were free also

cheryl

humm, buns around here are anywhere from 20.00 for a mix breed at a pet store to 50.00. I got my Lance from the SPCA and he was 50.00, thats the going rate for a rabbit around here...maybe its just cause im in Cali and everything is expensive???

And I got my Camille for free form some horrible people that should never have animals.:mad:

Latest posts

Back