how much is just right?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquaticRex

Reaction score
rabbit name: Dante
breed: standard rex
weight: 9 pounds

ok so the details are listed above, and yes i know he's getting to be too much weight for his size. i'm wondering how much i should cut back to get him to a more normal/healthy weight. even my friends are saying he's looking huge compared to how he was a few months ago. i found that the problem was that he was getting double fed by my boyfriend, cause he didn't know i was feeding him before work, then i'd feed Dante before bed and David would again feed him (Dante is a pellet muncher lol, loves his pellets). so now that i have figured out what caused the rapid weight gain, how do i slowly get it back down, and what would you say is a normal amount to feed a healthy male standard rex rabbit

p.s. he gets unlimited amounts of hay.

How much are you feeding him now and how much is he supposed to be getting? He would probably be fine on just the amount he is supposed to get. About 1/2 cup per day should work for him, but it would need to be adjusted to his needs.

1/2 cup is what he was supposed to be getting (1/4th in the morning and 1/4th at night and hay all day), which means that with my boyfriend adding onto it, he's been getting 1 cup a day... i'm just surprised on how quick the weight went on.

Latest posts

Back