How much greens and pellets should I give my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
I have 2 Netherland dwarfs. They weigh about 2 1/2 lbs each. How many cups of greens should I give them a day? How many cups of pellets a day? Also, is it ok to feed them beets?

how old are they? Until 1 yr. unlimited pellets are good. Then I limit mine (holland lop and mini rex) down to about a 1/4 c. I don't go crazy on veggies as it bothers my bunnies' tummies to have too many. I just give a few every several days.
Maybe someone can help more with that then me. ;)

People disagree on how much pellets vs greens to give. My personal opinion is for less greens during the winter when they have to be shipped in from long distances & more when they are local. But any changes should be gradual.

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
how old are they? Until 1 yr. unlimited pellets are good. Then I limit mine (holland lop and mini rex) down to about a 1/4 c. I don't go crazy on veggies as it bothers my bunnies' tummies to have too many. I just give a few every several days.
Maybe someone can help more with that then me. ;)

They are both 6 months old. They only eat about 1/8 cup of pellets right now. They eat about 2 cups packed greens a day. They have unlimited hay. Should I give more pellets?

I've always heard unlimited up to a year old so that's what I do. However if they don't seem overly hungry on 1/8 c. and growing fine, maybe that's fine. If you're giving 2 c. veggies, I'm sure that's filling them alot. Plus, netherland dwarfs are a bit smaller than my bunnies.

Latest posts

Back