how much do your bunnies eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetnottin

Reaction score
I just got a baby bunny that is 7-8 weeks old.He is very playful and drinks water everytime he is done running around. However I gave him half cup of pellets and it has been 2 days and it still has a lot left. He ate most of the hay I gave him but the pellet seem to be there. My question is how much are bunnies suppose to eat? And how often should I change his bowl of food to ensure freshness?
please advise
thanks

We brought our loppy girl Home on March 23rd...and we are assuming she was around 8 weeks then...so she is 10 or 11 weeks? right now...

She doesn't eat much in the way of pellets. I have only had to re-fill her dish once and that was just to top it off again. She does eat a ton of hay (won't touch alfalfa hay...will only eat Timothy) and drinks like a fish! She was dehydrated when we brought her home so we started veggies right away. Right now she eats more veggies than our 4 pound rabbit. Almost 2 cups a day...she would probably eat more but we keep her limited in the hopes she will eat more pellets...so far no go! Apparently she has decided to be a hay and water bunny!;) It doesn't seem to be affecting her growth at all...

Ya my rabbit drinks a lot too. everytime he runs a session he drinks a ton. I guess I should get timothy hay for him. I put half cup of pelletts and it has been 3 days and the dish doesnt go down at all. The alfalfa hay seems to go down a bit.

My rabbit has half a bowl of pellets at say9.30am and it's all eaten by 12 noon, around 5-6 big handfuls of hay aday, quarter of a carrot and some greens.

Sweetnottin-our girl is a littleunique! Baby bunnies up to the age of 6 months at leastshould have free feed alfalfa pellets and alfalfa hay. Ourgirl was raised with entirely the wrong foods and has developed apreferance...she won't eat what her mom wants her too!;) You should be able to look at your bunn and tell if he isdoing well. As long as he is active,is gainingweight and size and is healthy...you're doing alright!:)

Latest posts

Back