How much did you pay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luka the Flemish Giant - $55 ($20 was delivery fee haha)
Lily the Lionhead - $20 with her cage & everything
Bun-Bun - Free. They were going to send her to the butcher shop. ;(
Mugsy the American Fuzzy Lop - $25

Monsy well spent if you ask me!

I paid $120 for my Harvey that is a mini lop, which sounds a bit steep but he's so good and worth it.

And Winston was $55 and he's supposedly a mini lop also but I have my doubts that he's a dwarf lop with his facial features...

My little lionhead was free with the purchase of a "starter kit". Which included a good sized cage, food, hay, bowl, water bottle, toys, and litter. $89 for the entire kit.

Without the kit she would have been $34.

16128_280740_370000000.jpg

Got my 9 week year old purebred Mini Lop from a local breeder for free, I got the pedigree too. If I can, when shes older Im going to put her in a show.

Let's see...

Rory: $5 adoption fee from the animal shelter (best $5 I ever spent! I think I donated $20 extra)

Tallulah: Don't remember at all

Skyler: He himself was free but I paid $250 to get him flown home to us!

Phoebe Mae: I think around $20

Ned: Free!

Kerensa: $100, she's our pricy babe!

Maximus and Mabel: $75 for the two of them from Petco Adoptions. $50 for the first and the second was half off. I wonder which one of them is our bargain bunny :D

General Bismark was $25 from a breeder at a convention. He would have been $45 with papers, but we planned on getting him fixed and never breeding him.

My Thumper is a dwarf lop i got from a breeder, he cost me £18, (which i think is approx $27 dollars)...Iv seen rabbits for sale in pets at home for £25, he is a very healthy little bun, my little bargain :) lol

Rebecca was $15 from the SPCA, but then cost $400 to spay and about $3,000 to get healthy (knock on wood this last round of meds are effective)

Cinderella was $65 from HRS, already spayed

Houdini was $75 from luv-n-bunns, another local bunny rescue, already neutered

Indiana Bunns (RIP) was also from luv-n-bunns $75 already neutered. We knew about his serious health issues when we got him

Ghirardelli was $15 from a breeder who was going to cull him, $175 for his neuter

I have learned that I just can't go to a rabbit show, I must have SUCKER tattooed to my forehead. They see me and know I can't walk away from a bun that is going to get hurt.

Wow it has been an expensive year. I got Becky, my first bun in a very long time, last Dec 18. Buns can be so addictive, but I think our warren is full for a good long time.

Alice, a female grey lionhead lop cost me £20.
Bonnie, Casey and Buckley are Alice's 'children' so i got them for free, but i sold the others for £35.

But to have buckley neutered it cost £90, and to build a run it cost about £60, for hutches probably around £120, and all the other toys, hay, toilets ect, i've spent loads all in total.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums...79397477_2923693_889642439_n.jpg?t=1325185857
^^Alice.
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums...9397477_2923686_1996702492_n.jpg?t=1325185798
^^My rabbits run. (With old hutch)
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums...0115371036_1051245_5256390_n.jpg?t=1325185696
^^ Alice's litter.

Harley was a show bunny but sold as pet due to the colour not being accepted in the US - my breeder shows in the US, but lives in Canada.

Anyways, he was 40 and he's a harlequin holland lop.

Wow there are so much variences in prices from country to country. Thank you all for posting and anyone else out there please feel free to tell us all how much you paid for your precious bun!

Mr Moo and Mr Poo were from my sister - Free?

Ms Bun Poopers - was abandoned and adopted - $50 + $100-200+ spay

Mr Bighead - $12 Brampton Animal Services, unfixed/not litter-trained + 100+ neuter

(Don't remember amounts spent on fixing)

Olive , my Holland lop, was $60 from a breeder (I later had her spayed).

Simon, a New Zealand mix (I think) was neutered, and from the local humane society. I believe his adoption fee was $25.

My rabbit Buster was a raffle giveaway at an event that I happened to be working. I bought 6 tickets for 5 dollars. I happened to get picked. I guess it's fate that I have Buster :biggrin:

The best $5 I've ever spent.
Although as soon as I brought him home I immediately started spoiling him and bought a playpen and a giant bag of hay, veggies and pellets. He's worth it :bunnyheart

Ookpik was only $15 from the pet store because I bought a whole lot of supplies and a cage that turned out to be useless for housing a bun (I ended up using it to house my hamster and now my hedgehog lives in it.) Plus she was a return because she "grew too big." Normally buns are $60 from the pet store here. Then I paid around $250 for her spay.

Newt was adopted from SARS BC, the adoption fee was $50 and included his neuter. BUT I had to drive 1200km one way to pick him up, lol.

I paid around 25-35 dollars for all three of my buns and they came spayed/neutered. But that does not include the 1000 dollars we spent on Sabriel when he broke his leg... I have a very expensive bunbun :)

Back