how much did you pay for a spay/neuter??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
just wondering, vets seem to have gone up in price,
i really wanted to get this bunny spayed, shes being so territorial and
hormonal.

thanks

I was quoted $420 for a spay, but they only charged $250 when I picked her up. I didn't want to question it in case they made a mistake and were supposed to charged me more. Is that bad of me? lol!

That is crazy money . . . here (Ireland) it would cost about 70 dollars to spay a cat, but I don't know how much for a rabbit, some vets would charge more, maybe like 120 dollars at most?

It really depends on where you live. Where I live, I believe spaysare around $150. But I've seen spays done for less than $100 in some places in the US and over $200 in others. I believe NY is one of the latter.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Since I am with rescue, we get a steep discount from our vet. Neuters are $50 and spays are $65. It doesn't include metacam, but we buy that in bulk. When I had my own two girls spayed in California, I paid $250 each.

here in rural pennsylvania 3 years ago i paid $89 for a neuter and $130 for a spay, but that same vet's asks $129 and $189 now. i went with a smaller office with a trusted vet this time and it was $90 and $120 i think.

I would have paid 120 for a neuter with pain meds.
But storm was done through the shelter.

Jessi would have been 169.89 with Five days worth of pain med. But they miss quoted me so it was only 145 with pain med.

Kat

Buddy's neuter was a few weeks ago & I paid $160 for everything. ETA: I had called another place here in town who wanted to charge close to $400!

My vet requires a well visit check before you can even get them spayed or neutered (which I canunderstand but that makesit more costly)

Do any of these spays/neuters include pre-anesthesia blood work? My vets have told me that would be a good idea.

it was $45 to have the boys neutered. Twilight is very sensitive to pretty much everything, so we opted not to have her spayed.

I did just get my dog done, she weighs 75lbs. It was $130 and that included the cone and all her pain meds. Prices don't include pre-op blood work, that is an extra $35

mine did not include pre-op blood work or pain meds for home. I was quoted at $150, $205 and $175 plus a seperate pre-op assesment of $60. My boys neuter included a pre-op assesment which apparently did not catch that Vinny wouldn't be strong enough for the surgery.

Back