How much cardboard is too much cardboard?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchellfoster

Reaction score
From what I've read, cardboard doesn't necessarily pose any threats to rabbits unless they ingest an excessive amount of it. So, how much is too much? I used to give my buns lots of toilet paper rolls, but I've recently cut back them because I've noticed that they would eat half of it within a matter of a day or two. I'm just wondering if that amount of consumption is something I should worry about.

Well a cardboard TP tube really isn't much cardboard in and of itself. It's very thin and it's hollow. I would be willing to bet if you gave them a small mailing box it would take them much longer to nom it up since it's a lot thicker and overall bigger.

Do they have hay 24/7? That might help them eat a bit less of the cardboard and it helps keep their guts moving.

They both have access to hay 24/7, when they are out and when they are caged. I just don't know how much it takes to cause intestinal blockage, but after reading all of this I'm not worried now.

I've had the same thought, but have watched their intake. It seems to me as an option for them to get toss something around (be Demonstrative}. However if their prone tummy problems you might becareful.

Latest posts

Back