how many

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel

Reaction score
dandilion leaves can i give caramel, i haveloads in the garden at the moment and have given her a great bighandful, can i get them to her for breakfast instead of her veg orshould i do a mixture of veg and dandilion leaves, also wondering canshe eat the stems and the yellow flowers

The amount you can give her probably depends on her breed and whether she is used to fresh food, which it sounds like she is.

We give our dwarf lops maybe 6 dandelion leaves at one go. they onlytend to eat them when they're fresh. We have given them dandelionleaves instead of fruit in the mornings, but they tend to eat lessleaves than they do fruit, so you will need to make the rest up withother fresh foods.

That's just based solely on personal experience. I don't necessarilyknow what is 'right' or 'wrong' here, just what we have done with ourbuns, lol, which probably isn't very helpful.

Make sure the dandelions have not been sprayed with any kind of pesticides and that you wash them to get rid of any bugs etc.

Introduce your bun to them slowly if they have not had them before and check that they do not get an upset tummy from them.

A bun should get about 2 cups of veggies per day for a 5lbbunny. And they should get 3 different kinds of vegetables aday to have a balanced range of nutrients. Based on that -you can add the dandelions to their diet.

Also, they can eat everything - stems, leaves flowers. Mine love the flowers.

:)

Latest posts

Back