How many times do you clean your buns cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many times do you clean your buns cage?

• Everyday

• Everyother day

• Every 2 days

• Once a week

• Once a month

• NEVER (AH!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I spot clean every day (pick up stray poop etc) and then clean out the litterbox every 3ish days, and then do a big huge cleaning every weekish.

I voted once a week :)

I do spot cleaning about every other day and change litterboxes every 3 days. I do a big cleaning once a week and get all of the hay on the ground and everything else!

~Megan:)

i answered, once a day because they have the coroplast bottom so i dont technicall have to really clean it. I dump there litter boxes everyday, and clean it with vinegar about every other to every 2 days, but there is no need to really clean the bottom of there cage because they go in there boxes. I do vacuum the bottom of the cage for stray poop, and hair everyday, and then if necessary i will wipe out the bottom of the cage with a baby wipe or something.

I spot clean everyday. With 6 cages to clean usually I have at least one cage to clean every day.

In one cage I have 3 rabbits, in another 2 baby bunnies, 2 guinea pigs, 3 single cages. See 6 cages.:biggrin2:

I spot clean every day. I clean out the dirty litter twice:litterhealthy: a day and wash the litter boxes at least once a week. I usually vacuum every couple of days. I change their water at least twice a day as they all use bowls so alot of fur gets into the water.

Susan:apollo:

Pebble and Ebony's 2 litter trays get cleaned out daily, and their house gets a full sweep and scrub weekly.

Maddie's tray is cleaned every other day, she doesn't have a cage but I brush her area of my room up every day.

Belle is allowed anywhere in the basement during the day, and is PERFECT about using her litterbox. But I generally clean out her litterboxes every day or so.

Maggie ishorrible about her litterbox. Althoughshe is gettingbetter. ButI spot clean her cage generally anywhere from one time to four times a day. That sounds like alot, butittakesno more than two minutes for the most part. So it's not all that bad.

But it really just depends on the messiness of your bun.

Belle is allowed anywhere in the basement during the day, and is PERFECT about using her litterbox. But I generally clean out her litterboxes every day or so.

Maggie ishorrible about her litterbox. Althoughshe is gettingbetter. ButI spot clean her cage generally anywhere from one time to four times a day. That sounds like alot, butittakesno more than two minutes for the most part. So it's not all that bad.

But it really just depends on the messiness of your bun.

I clean Bunbuns' cage 1 once a week( cleaning his bowls and left over hay and pellets), i empty his litter box everday once in the morning and once after school .

For Penny, I pick up strat poops everyday, clean one litter box a day (she has 2). I sweep once a week, shake out her blankets every few days and wash them ance a week or so.

Korr and Sophie get a full cleaning every 3-4 days. They don't use the litter box so it gets bad fast. I wash their blankets about once a week with Pennys. And I vaccuum when I need to.

thanks everyone! i think i will spot clean everyday, clean out his litter box everyday, and do a full cleaning probably every 3-4 days!:p

I have newspaper over top of wood pellets, so I take the newspaper off daily and the wet wood pellets, put fresh newspaper on top and a handful of hay. I have blankets in the cage, so I usually wash the blankets once a week (or more if they've been peeing on them)and sweep the cages out twice a week.

Butter has a NIC pen, and a litter box...

I sweep out the poos from the pen once a day, and change the litter once a day, too.

It's not as time-consuming as it sounds ;) It really only takes five minutes to do both.

~Diana and Butter

I voted every 2 days but i do it twice a week on a mon and thur, buti so wanted to vote never lol! They get full cleans on the mon and thur and litterboxes whenever necessary really but i have 13 hutches and it takes me 2 and a half hours a time so maybe i need to cut down!

We dump litterboxes every other day for the two older bunnies - Heidi gets hers done each day - she's a little bit of a pig yet.......

I go over the cages and clean the entire things - under them and sweep, change blankets, etc. one time each weekend. Well, unless someone decides to pee on a blanket........... Then I have to clean that one immediately. :X

Latest posts

Back