How many rabbits can be in this cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddysRabbits

Reaction score
I have a 3x8 hutch. It's divided in half for my 2 rabbits. Each rabbit has a 3x4. They are too old to get spayed so unfortunatly i can't spay them and put them together.
Is a 3x4 appropriate for 2 rabbits? They are around 3-4 pounds.
And also, If I get my rabbits each a friend (a baby bunny)and I get her spayed, could a unaltered and altered bunny get along real well? just like 2 altered would?
Let me know opinions and ideas!

3X4ft should be a good size for a rabbit. If you can, maybe add a level in there so they have a bit more room and can jump up and down.

Intact rabbits can get along with spayed or neutered ones, but it is not a guarantee. My Amelia was intact and bonded to Korr for about 3 months before she was spayed. While they did get along, she still wanted to hump him quite a bit as she wanted to breed. Not all intact rabbit will get along with other rabbits. Even when they are both fixed, there are no guarantees.

How old are your rabbits? As long as they are healthy and you have a good vet, there is really no upper age limit to get them spayed. It is a good idea to get blood work done to make sure they are healthy and everything is working as it should.

Back