how many females does a male need?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpotLover wrote:
jeanluc_pippen_merry wrote:
I didn't know a male rabbits had to have females to be happy. I thought they could live quite happily with or without them. O.O

It is a lie that rabbits need others to be happy. Buns need their humans to be happy, most buns will fight if put together

sometimes male animals that are used as breeders, but not used often, become aggressive cause they are frustrated. benny has such a sweet personality i dont want that to happen. thus my original question was how many femalllllles to keep that from happening?

i seem to be content at the moment with the two new females. one male and two females seems to be a good choice at the moment, and i might add another female later.

its true rabbits need their own cage. but bunnies thrive seeing other bunnies around them, its like bunny tv for them. benny LOVES all the females. when smiley leaves the room he sits and sulks or paces by the door. when she comes back, he races to the end of the cage and so does she and they poke noses at each other. he lays next to females and lets them hump him and snuggles and says oh protect me. he gives them all the food. he is such a suck up. females love benny. if only more men were like my rabbit, lol !

so i think for the answer to my question, i weeded out this general concensus- 2 females for my one male would keep him happy. true or false?

Spotlover is right that a buck does NOT need does to make him happy. Give him food and play time, and breed him when you have a good reason to want babies, and things will go well.

I think the reason people are posting negative comments is that the first impression of you is that you are inexperienced because you are asking how many does a buck needs to be happy. This sounded a bit silly but after reading your other posts I can tell you are dedicated to breeding to improve the breed. Best of luck in the future and make sure any pet homes know how to care for the hair. A friend of mine used to breed angoras and offered to clip down the rabbits she sold every few months if the new owners would bring them over. This may be a good idea for you. Also show the tools needed to groom the rabbits to new owners.

Latest posts

Back