How Many Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many rabbits do you own?

• 1 rabbit

• 2 rabbits

• 3 rabbits

• 4 rabbits

• 5 or more rabbits

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
How many bunnies do most people own, and why did you choose to own that many? I'm a little curious to see an average number, and if people think owning 1 bunny is best as opposed to more.

Well, we have 14 plus the 7 rescues currently looking for homes (Although only 3 of the rescues are at our house right now, the rest are in other foster homes). I doubt that's the average number.

The majority of them are rescues that have come through and aren't going to leave.

I have 7. It is mostly due to getting one, then wanting another and another. A couple were from wanting one, but ending up getting 2 at the same time. I do have 2 bonded pairs and 3 singles. Getting up to 7 did take about 5.5 years, so it's not like I got them all at once.
I do have 1 foster bunny at the moment, but have had up to 3 at one time.

I have two rabbits. Originally it was to be one but I fell hard for Conan, knew that I had the space and time to take care of another, and the idea of bonding and having a friend for him just was too much to resist. I truly enjoy seeing their differences, their interplay, so I'm glad I just folded and went for it.

I have just one. I have the husband, three step kids that are with us primarily, a large dog, a newt and until last week two cats, now we have one.
Life is pretty busy for us. I do not have plans to get any more but that could change. I would love to have a snuggle bun but I also worry about trying to bond two buns. But we'll see...

The most we have had is 5, however, 3 of them at the time were my daughter's show bunnies...and two were pets. Until Saturday when my daughter's pet bunny passed away (illness), we had 4. We had two other beloved pet bunnies pass away last summer and one last fall (old age). We currently have a 7 month old baby Reeses...everyone loves him but he is 100% my bunny! Then we have a 4 1/2 month old, Funfetti and a 3 1/2 month old, Cheerios, who are family bunnies! We love them all and they are all spoiled bunnies! I would have 10! They are kind of like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one! Having had more, I think it is harder to give them all the attention that you would like to....with us, we also have a menagerie of other animals as well...so making sure everyone gets attention is tricky. However, the bunnies are just so much fun, they are in the house, in the living room and so they are never really hurting for attention. We have 2 horses, 3 Nigerian Dwarf goats, 12 chickens (who are 100% tame and all pets, LOL) 4 rats, a dog and a cat. I think when the dog and the cat are gone, they will be replaced with bunnies!!! I would rather have 10 bunny litter boxes than 1 cat box!!!! I am just bunny crazy, so I am really not much help!!! LOL

I have one. Never really planned on having a rabbit. This guy needed a home tho haha. Now I would more rabbits but not until either I have more room or one of the cats goes of old age. I've got enough pets haha

Originally got 2 so they wouldn't be lonely. Then the two turned out to be a boy and a girl who got 4 precious babies (by the way, it took months for her to get pregnant). I wanted to find babies new homes but was cautious about bad owners so I gave away only 2 of them (to the same home). I was busy at that time and couldn't contribute good time to finding other bunnies a good owner. Then I realize my babies were kind of big to go, and they were very used to each others. We decided to keep 2 remaining babies.
Now I have two boys and 2 girls. All boys are white, all girls are brown.

just the one. Up until recently I had a passel of hamsters. Making sure everyone got their run time outside their cage and plenty of attention was a real juggling act. Now I'm down to just Max (hamster) and George. At the moment, I'm only in for one bunny. It's intentional so that George will see me as the other bunny and rely on me for her company and socialization. We're still working on turning her into a snuggle bunny and with only me as company I get to be the other snuggle bunny. At this point I'm saying I'm going to keep it that way but I said that about only having a single hamster too and that never went as planned so we'll see. The fact that bunny bonding can be complicated is a big helper in keeping me in the the 'just me and Georgie' area too. I'll admit I pined after Henry in the 'rescue me' section. Florida's a long way from Texas though. Anyway, ramble aside -

tl:dr - just one bunny for me now. Maybe more later but no plans on it.

I have 5 :) I'm getting a 6th in March though, a frenchie!
I got my first one because i had always wanted a bunny, then we got her a girlfriend that turned out to be a boy and then she had 7 babies! I didn't want them to go to strangers so only family members took them, both my aunties took 2 each then i kept the other 3 that my family didn't want which was 2 girls and one boy so the 2 girls are in with their mother so the boy was alone so i got him a friend who is Bella :) and they are bonded, and i just fell in love with these gorgeous french lops and reserved a female for me :D

I have two.

When I got Agnes I thought I would never have two. That's what you get for saying never ;) I adopted Archie 5 months later.

They are a bonded pair and I love them to pieces and I'm very glad I got a second!

One for us. I keep going back and forth on getting another, but I'm pretty sure we will just stick with one. He's not at all starved for attention and is spoiled rotten.

4, And we are done! Atleast until next February when I have the money to drop on another bunny set up.
Stan was my first
Marci 10 months later
Ruby we planned on getting but fell in love with Peabody while at the breeder so 2 more a month after marci

I have three and got all of them by chance as never intended to have pets again. The first two are brothers and got them together, the third one came a few months after and they all got along fine. Have had a few problems since Christmas but we´re getting back to normal. I couldn´t imagine life without them now lol.

Latest posts

Back