How many bunnies can fit in this cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddysRabbits

Reaction score
I am MOST LIKELY making a 4x8 NIC cage for my 2 rabbits (each get 4x4) cause they live seperate, When I get them spayed I will be moving them in together, 4x8 is a very big space! Would I be able to add 1 more bunny to that? Maybe a nuetered male?

You'll need to bond them first. Just spaying rabbits won't mean they'll live together happily because rabbits can be very territorial and picky about their friends.

If you are able to bond the first two together, I would give them some time with just the two of them before trying to bond a third bunny. After that, and if the bonding works, they you certainly have plenty of space (as long as we're not talking Flemish here).

trust me, you will change your cage, these c&c cages are addicting to change around, and easy! just time consuming!

i started off with a 6x2x2 cage for my bonded pair (a lop, and a new zealand white) so each got a little 3x2x2 space. but they always would just lay together anyways!

then i minimized their cage to a 4x2x2 for more room which they seemed to enjoy more! with the big 6x2x2 i had to make a support in the middle to hold it all together.

now they have a 3x3 pen made out of the c&c stuff and my mini rex and netherland dwarf have 3x3 too

bonded pairs are lazy, this is just my experience lol

Yes, I know I'm going to spend as long as they need bonded, free run time will be together, (in a nuetral area) & Then I would take some time and just let them have sister bonding time xD Heheh.
& they are lionheads.

Back