How long should I wait?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
Bugsy was spayed recently and is now finally eating normally - phew!

I've looked around the forum and the 101 but still have some questions.

How long should we wait before attempting to introduce anotherbunny? We weren't thinking of doing it yet anyway, but justwondering.

Also, she wasn't too great after the surgery - we kept her in wth usfor 4-5 days until she was eating properly, she hadto be fed thrugh asyringe so didn't like me too much anyway, but she's now taking therrun apart and seems quite stroppy. She was grunting and lunging at methis morning. I'm suspecting her hormones are to blame, whatdo you think?

is she was a male, i would say, you should waitaround 3 weeks, but because she has a larger wound to heal and such, iwould base it apon when she is all healed up and when she is back incheck witht the hormones. . .winnie was the same way right after beingspayed. give it time. . . .

Thanks Katt

Glad to hear it's normal. AS far as she's concerned - you leave thefood and get lost. Then she sets about destroyed he run.

Gosh, this bunny - it's like living with a menopausal woman -I remember what my Mum was like! They should do patches orsomething!

Amanda

We got Timmy about 2 months after we gotFiona. Fiona had just had her stitches out when we adoptedher, however long after the actual spay that was. Timmy hadbeen neutered a while before we got him as well. I'd justmake sure she's all healed up.

Latest posts

Back