How long per day do you guys have your buns out?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybunny

Reaction score
When she's out, unsupervised, she's total destruction.

So, we've decided to keep her either in her playroom when nobody cankeep 100% eyes on her, or out in one room when we're completely there.

Her "out time" ends up being about 2 hours per evening andusually an hour in the morning before school and work. Also, we playwith her in her playroom before bed etc.

Does that seem too short of time?

Mine goes something like this:
Christa-6-8am
Hopi-8-10am
Koda & NOrman-10am-noon
Stormy-noon-2pm
Otis-2-4pm
Christa-4-6pm
Hopi-6-8pm
Koda & Norman-8-10pm
Stormy-10pm-midnight
Otis-midnight-2am

Tina

Hi, I haven't beenon here in such a long time. But I am finally able to look atmy computer at home and not think of it as work, so here Iam.

Baby, is mini lop, and I usethat term loosely. I usually average about 2 hours per day,but it seems to shorten during the Christmas holiday. That'sonly because she won't leave the tree and the presents alone and we endup having a water bottle fight every night.

Baby mommy

I generally have Odin out between 6 and 8pmbecause I'm in school all day and I can't do homework while he'srunning around. Weekends are a different thing. I think if you can addan extra hour of interactive time on a couple days a week it shouldn'tmake a big difference.

My day evolves around my buns..

8:00am-11:00am- Nahnee

11:00am-1:00pm- Milo

1:00pm-3:00pm- Jazz

3:00pm-5:00pm- Lucy

5:00pm- 7:00pm- Dash(dash gets an extra hour every other day due togoing to my boyfriends Band practice, since hes so good i take himalong and alternate any other buns in)

From 7:00- 9:00 i get a little break from the kiddies to do whatever

And Finally Chloe takes the 9:00-12:00 spot.

My other 2 buns Jack and Oreo stay with my boyfriend and Jack runs hiswhole house while oreo gets his own special room to tear up. They arelet out pretty much the whole day unless they get into trouble or wehave company over.

Depending on what is going on in our house hold.We usually have MeatHead out 2 or 3 times aday. Times are 5-7. 10-12,and bedtime if we are not tired. If we had to be gone most of the dayhe would come out from 12am to 3am sometimes til 4am.

Most of my rabbits are out all day

Cleo is free range, she does not sleep in a cage, but will sometimes go into Pez's cage for a couple of hours.

Pez is out from morning til night but sleeps in a cage at night.

Gracie and Sapphire share a cage and usually get out 3-4 hours a day

Anwyn spends most of her day on my bed, and is out running about 2 hours a day.

Susan

Our bunnies have supervised play time, they used to all play togetheruntil we discovered Gizmo is a HE not a SHE, so they take it in turns.
One night Gizzie will come play for an hour or so first and then Bindyand Amber have a turn. Then the next night the girls play first thenGizzie.

Never trust a bunny to play without you being in the room, ya neverknow what'll happen, stuff chewed, dragged or moved around and wedefinatley never leave Gizzie unsupervised 'cause he can jump so highso fast.

For my guys, Its a little varied, nadie getsanywhere from 2 to 4 hours of floor time, Little bits only gets aboutan hour as she is so little and gets tired so easy. With celest thoughhers depends on her mood, she can get anywhere from 15 minutes to 2hours. It depends if she trys to attack the others. She can be a prettysnotty rabbit when she wants, and actually went after my son yesterdayjust cause she had a wild hair.

Sparky and Scooter get about one and a halfhours in the morning before work and then about 4 hours in theevening. Of course, their pen is 5' x 8', so they reallyaren't all that cooped up.

Iszy and Pristine nowhave full run 24/7. Woohoo! :sunshine:

The buns here at Camelot get about 2 hours a day, more on Wed-Frid(my days off )

Bonnie gets free reign 24/7, just locked in the bedroom when the other buns getting their stretch time.

guinevere doesnt get as much time out due to the bumping intoeverything factor, she wants to run and binkie, but ends up smackinginto something :(

Cookie is usually out between 4pm -midnightwhen everyone goes to work, otherwise he is out allday if someone is home.In my house I haveyoungersiblings in university - so they're always home, somore often than not, he's out all day. We don't keep tooclose an eye on him because the areas he has access to are all bunnyproofed.

My bunnies are out in their run all day but arelocked in their hutch at night. Their run isn't that big though so atweekends i either bring them in the house for acouple of hours or takethem around the garden on their harnesses.

my bunny usually gets out a few hrs when its aschool day, but now that its christmas break shes loose in one room ofthe house all day... she loves it!:happybunny:

Back