how long does it take???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I'm starting to lose my mind! My Flemmie babyboy is peeing everywhere. on the couch, on the rugs, on books, on me lol the poops are worse, they are everywhere. He picked four places in the kitchen ( it's his room) to pee.. one is his litterbox thank god. So, I put litterboxes on those spots. It's the rest of the house that has me stressed out.

Other than the litter training he is awesome!!!!
but this is getting to me.

How long will it take?

confine him to a very small area (sounds cruel i know but it's necessary and only for a short while) and put newspaper down on the floor.

when he pees or poos, put the poos and the wet peice of news paper in a litter box - place the litter box on top of th eplace where he peed. keep doing that untill he gets it right. once he is using his litter box properly in the small area, gradually let him into a bigger space. if he starts peeing everywhere again, redo the first part in the confined space untill he gets used to it.

it shouldnt take you longer than a few days!

Remember the stray poos might not stop until he gets fixed - mine was very well litter box trained then he hit adolescence and he would poo all over (some pee too) - once he was fixed, that all stopped and he was a litter box angel again. Then we got a second bunny...

It really depends on the rabbit, unfortunately. My male was litter trained from the day I brought him home at 8 weeks - he instinctively understood what the litter box was for. Other buns take much longer and aren't litter trained until they are fixed. It's possible that he's just too young to understand what you want, but it's also possible that he won't improve until he's neutered.

I feel like it's a male flemish thing XD Cause my boy flemish, Silas did the SAME THING. And he slept in his litterbox too.

What I did was I took pee and poop from Solara and Sabriel's litterbox and put it in Silas's, and confined him to a small area as maxysmummy said =P And I picked up all his poop and put them in his litter box.

It worked flawlessly for me. =P He always pees for sure in his litterbox now =]

Mine French lop Button was very well trained until we got morw bunnies and then he pooed everywhere. he pee's in the right place though. Now when he's outside he will only use his litter tray for sleeping in or digging in! We're about to move house so I'm hoping i'll be able to re-train him once we do.

Mine French lop Button was very well trained until we got morw bunnies and then he pooed everywhere. he pee's in the right place though. Now when he's outside he will only use his litter tray for sleeping in or digging in! We're about to move house so I'm hoping i'll be able to re-train him once we do.

Phineas sleeps in his litterbox too. I'm thinking it's too large for him. It's the bottom of one of the huge cages you get from pet stores. I don't put the top on to make it a cage because then it would be too small.

Go get one of the big cat litter boxes you can get at a pet store, Wal Mart, etc. It works great for Muppet.

Muppet caught on right away so I didn't have this problem, but I wish you the best of luck! How frustrating!

Latest posts

Back