How long do your does nurse?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Ohana had her kits on 2/14 if I remember right.I've taken out the boys (Drew and Dusty for Maherwoman are two of them)and she has two kids still left wtih her. Lily (for MyLoki) is one of the two still with her.

The two are almost the size of their mama...

I went in tonight to grab one for a photo session for a customer...and they were on their backs NURSING and their legs were just a going in the air...

They looked almost bigger than mama like that...

So here I have a doe - nursing kits that are almost her size.

I think I'm going to pull them out soon..

Peg

Kinda looks like this?
PicsFeb152006045.jpg

LOL, but with bigger babies?

Wildfire would nurse until I took them away. I think Ruby got fed till she was 3.5 months old, she was bigger than mom... I wish I had pictures of that. Wildfire was still trying to clean off Ruby's bottom when she nursed to, but it didn't work too well as Wildfire couldn't reach.

--Dawn

Yeah Dawn - a lot like that - only the babies are almost the size of mama - if not bigger around...

and mama was just like, 'oh well....it sure feels better to have that milk gone now.." as she looked at me.

I was like, "You crazy fool....tell them now.."

I once had does in the dining room that were playing on the floor with their 6 week old kits. One mama called her kits over to nurse only the other mama tried to come over and nurse too. The first mama would have let her except the kit came over and was like, 'My space..".

Peg

My doe Dusty nurseda kit (a doe thank god) from a litter on 9 until the kit/doe was 5mths!! i had them housed together and didn't even think about it until after i moved states and i was doing a really thorough check and realised she still had milk:shock: so i started watching them closely and sure enough first thing the next morning theres Cinnamon feeding from her mum! and shes nearly twice as big as dusty.

- Chantel

I had three does living with mom and they were 4 months old and she was still nursing them. It was funny as I was wondering if her feet were even touching the ground. :laugh:

Sharon

Latest posts

Back