How long after rhd2 vaccination can my rabbit go outside?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Hello! Apollo got vaccinated this morning, and as we have been having good weather here in England, my mother would like for him to go outside, with supervision of course.
She wants him to go outside on Friday (48 hours after being vaccinated).

When does the vaccination start to work? I guess is the way to explain it 😅

Thanks 🥰

Hi,
Was he vaccinated before? If yes - straight away as you normally vaccinate again before the other one has faded.
If not I’m not sure, but our baby rabbit got vaccinated last week Thursday for her first time and I had her out before too. And vaccines 💉 in general work fairly fast but it is different for every single one.

For example the flu vaccine for humans only gives you proper protection after two weeks. But other vaccines work next day.

So it’s kinda hard to tell

If last years vaccination hadn't lapsed yet, it could be ok. But if it had lapsed before this revaccination, then it's probably necessary to wait as it can take a few weeks to build up immunity. I would suggest contacting your vet as they should be able to give you the most accurate information.

If last years vaccination hadn't lapsed yet, it could be ok. But if it had lapsed before this revaccination, then it's probably necessary to wait as it can take a few weeks to build up immunity. I would suggest contacting your vet as they should be able to give you the most accurate information.
Thank you! I’ll give the vet a call (tomorrow) but i think it might be okay as long as it isn’t too hot

Latest posts

Back