How high?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackiesmum

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but how canhigh can a bunny jump from the ground? I am trying to make an indoorplay area for Blackie as I have dogs and don't want take the chance ofan unpleasant encounter between them.

Thanks,

Mary

Um, I guess it all depends on the rabbit ? I knowmy Megan, who is a mixed dwarf of some kind, can jump at least 2 feethigh no problem. She can also climb really well. She climbs up her cagewalls....so I suggest maybe getting some Chicken Wire fence to make itwith, because I know rabbits really hate the feeling of it. ???Maybe...that's just my 2 cents! :)

I guess I should tell you that Blackie is a Holland Lop.

He is about 4 months old, so I am not sure just how much bigger he will get.

Mary

Well when I was still at my Mum's we had a run forher Hazel (who is a netherland dwarf) and it was about 3ft high andlike Michelle says it was madewith chicken wire and wood. Nowthis run was my friends rabbit before ours and she had a beast of arabbit - he was huge :D! I'm no expert on this but Hazel never escapedand neither did my friends rabbit. So I would have though that size wasok or to be on the safe side you could put some sort of roof on the top- maybe madewith the chicken wire so you can still see himreally well while he's playing:)

Vickie

Blackiesmum wrote:
I have dogs and don't want take the chance of an unpleasantencounter between them.

Sorry just read this part - are your dogs large and do they get on withthe rabbit - if they don't get on and they are large then the chickenwire might not be such a good idea. Otherwise that should be ok- what do other people think?

also make sure it is a good foot in the ground so your rabbit will not dig under it and get out :)

edit :missed the indoor part lol...

You could buy one of those play pens for babies, the ones that sit onmetal legs, no way your dog could get at the rabbit, and pretty surethe rabbit won't be able to get out.

I would be scared unless I had a top on it. Didyou ever see those rabbits that do rabbit hopping. It is a sport likehorse jumping but for buns and they go extremely high check it out onthe internet

Hi BlackiesMom,

MyBunnyLovesMe posted an adorable site about a Rabbit Hoppingcontest. The address ishttp://www.kaninhop.dk/uk/

They tell you how high some rabbits can jump, besides the adorable pictures within the site.

-Carolyn

hahaha...its so funny watchinghim get onto the shelf...it takes him a few tries & he lookslike hes just bouncing up & down. then he gets his front feeton the edge & pulls himself onto it. his original name was"neo" (but i never called him that) as in neo from the matrix, becausewhen he jumps on the couch, he looks like hes doing that gliding/flyingthing from the movie! :p

Blackiesmum wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but how can high cana bunny jump from the ground? I am trying to make an indoor play areafor Blackie as I have dogs and don't want take the chance of anunpleasant encounter between them.

Thanks,

Mary

We've had rabbits escape over a 3 ft. enclosure. In some cases, theyhave actually *climbed* up and over the fence. (Believe it ornot, rabbits are ratheradept climbers).

Pam

My rabbit's can climb, it takes a while for themto figure out how to arrange their feet so they rarely get out becauseof that, they are more likely to dig out. Our fence is 3.5 feet talland 6" is rolled into the pen, rabbits tend to dig right at the fenceand not farther in so they can't escape very well.

Latest posts

Back