How high of a pan?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HareToday

Reaction score
How high sided is your litter pan? In the cages we have regular large cat pans, but out in the room we have a very high sided (probably 10-12") pan that they love to use and (bonus) hay and poop doesn't get everywhere. I was thinking of getting a pan with higher sides for in the cage as well.

I have a jumbo cat pan with ~ 8 inch sides in their cage which I find is deep enough for us there although I have had problems with them digging litter out of shorter sided pans. We have some members with older rabbits who find that when you see litter box habits becoming more poor it can be that the box is too hard to hop into and they do better with a low entry pan.

We use mostly low entry pans as ours are mostly 8 or older. For the out of hutch on the floor ones, we put them inside of covered apple boxes with and entrance cut on one side, down fairly low. It gives them a "cave or den" like area to hang out in and even if they dig it still keeps most of the bedding inside. We also have a couple of high side ones with a lower entry point for the two that are "diggers".

We use mostly low entry pans as ours are mostly 8 or older. For the out of hutch on the floor ones, we put them inside of covered apple boxes with and entrance cut on one side, down fairly low. It gives them a "cave or den" like area to hang out in and even if they dig it still keeps most of the bedding inside. We also have a couple of high side ones with a lower entry point for the two that are "diggers".

Well that is a very smart idea!

Latest posts

Back