How does ur buns show u their temper?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunrab

Reaction score
Usually,my two bunsget allexcited when its vege time n will attempt to reach as high as possibleto get the bowl of vege. However, today i decided to tease them. I chopup all their veges n put into their respective bowls. Then instead ofgiving to them, i place the bowls on top of a sink where they can smellthe veges but cant see or eat them. Then i sat n watch their excitedreactions. They were so excited but still theres nothing for them toeat n they calm down n stand waiting instead. After a few more mins, Idecided it was enough fun n put the veges into their playpen for themto eat. Then Tangtang showed me his anger. Instead of lunging into thebowl n eat, he decided to flop down on the floor n closed his eyes tosleep. he pretended to be asleep n deaf. didn respond to my calls. ithen took a piece of vege n dangle in front of him. Guess wat he does?He refused to eat it n instead, turn his head away from me n shook hishead. to further show tat his angry with me, he decided to sleep in hislitter tray which he had never done before. Till now, he still refusedto touch the veges. he munched on hay instead n is still sleeping inthe litter tray. well, i'm going to see how long he will be angry for.I had already say srry to him, but looks like he dosen accept it.

Personally, I don't find depriving an animal offood for any length of time all that funny but instead rather cruel.That's just my opinion though.

Blyre, who notes that maturity is its own reward

They are not poor. They have other food otherthan the veges. I didn deprive them off food. Just teasing them.Personally, i think a bit of teasing is not tat cruel. It actually makethem moves around a bit more n have reactions, if not they just laythere without much movements.

Bunrab wrote:
Then instead of giving to them, i place the bowls on top ofa sink where they can smell the veges but cant see or eat them. Then isat n watch their excited reactions.
Um, sorry, but this IS cruel. You purposely made it so they could smell the vegies but not have them?

It may not be the best idea to tease your buns,but I think Bunrab has learnt her lesson and does not really want toanger her buns.

Bunrab, you might want to give them some extra playtime and pets to get them in a better mood.

In the future, you might want to use the veggies as a reward for tricks and training instead of just for teasing. :)

well, its not the cruelest thing you could do toyour bunny.. i wouldnt tease peapoo... but thats just my opinionthough:D..i dont think bunrab was trying to be cruel

how does peapoo show her temper? by ignoring me and giving me the butt:bunnybutt:..lol

Bunrab - some people tend to overreact a littleon here. Don't take it to heart or be upset. Mostof us know you weren't trying to be intentionallycruel. I took it as you were probably just tryingto see if they could come up with some clever bunny way to try and getthe food or something. I mean, it only lasted a coupleminutes....anyways, when my bunny Beans wants to show me she is mad shethumps like crazy. Sometimes if im lying down shewill actually jump on my stomach and then thump on it!! thelittle devil!;)

Neil my fianceis a dog person and for some reason he thinks he is going to teach Misty to "STAY".

So he gets her the veggies, and she gets way excited and dives headfirst at him before he even puts it down. Well he is *trying*to use this to teach her to STAY by holding the food, giving thecommand to STAY and then giving her the reward (the veggies) when shestays and "obeys".

I don't know.. I don't think this is working very well but it is funny to watch him try.

He is convinced he's getting it to work... I have noticed that she calms down a lot when he says STAY though so maybe...
:dunno:

nose_twitch wrote:
Um, sorry, but this IS cruel. You purposely madeit so they could smell the vegies but not have them?
nose_twitch, i swear iam not cruel. I did gave them someveges in advance. I clean their area n gave them fresh food n drinkseveryday and they live in a 6 piece playpen with roam of the house for2 hours everyevening and almost half a day on wkends. If i'mcruel, i will not even bother about them and ifu saysi'mridiculous just by teasing my buns for tat few minutes oftheir lives,then look at the pic below of a small bunny tat ifound in my neighbouring a few months back. Tat person who did this tothe bun then is cruel, ridiculousand really inhumane.

Skippy is fussy naturally I think. But, theother morning, he was super angry at me. I had checked on him before Iwent to sleep to see if he had enough food,and he did. But, because hegets upset that I'm not playing with him when I'm in bed, he throwsthings around his cage. It looks like he had knocked his bowls over anddumped his food in his litter pan. So, I woke up the next morning, andhe had no food. O.O So I quickly got him some, and a couple of treatsto make up for it. But, he still was turning his back to me, flaringhis nostrils, and throwing and kicking his stuff around the cage. Hecalmed down about 10 minutes later and wanted to play. (What a fussylittle booger..lol)

Bunrab wrote:
nose_twitch, i swear iam not cruel. I did gavethem some veges in advance. I clean their area n gave them fresh food ndrinks everyday and they live in a 6 piece playpen with roam of thehouse for 2 hours everyevening and almost half a day onwkends. If i'm cruel, i will not even bother about them andifu says i'mridiculous just by teasing my buns fortat few minutes of their lives,then look at the pic below ofa small bunny tat i found in my neighbouring a few months back. Tatperson who did this to the bun then is cruel, ridiculousandreally inhumane.
You sound like a very good bunny owner...I'm not arguingthat. But I do think that kind of teasing is cruel.I probably did over-react a bit, so I apologize. I hear somany awful stories about what people do to their animals that I am verysensitive to it. To me, animals deserve the best possiblelife because they are so innocent. Again, I'msorry. Like peapoo said, it's not the worst thing you coulddo to a rabbit. Your little harlequin is very cute btw!

How does Thor show her anger towards me (hertemper?) I don't think Thor's ever done this-she's such aneven-tempered lop. But, it appears when my husband and I goon long vacations (are gone 2 weeks or more), even though Ipainstakingly prepare her by explaining this to her on a daily basisfor the week prior to our departure, Thor usually 'ignores' me when wearrive back home(sometimes up to 3 days!). Occasionally,she'll give a huge, loud thump! if she's inside, and someoneaccidentally wakes her up during her afternoon nappy time; then she'llflop over, and be zonked out again.

Hmmm, can't say they've been "angry" with me.Maybe impatient! If I'm feeding/cleaning anothers cage or givingattention to a different bunny they can jump around their cages and"pace" back and forth till I get by butt over there to them.

They can give me a thump sometimes too, this is usually when I'vegotten up in the middle of the night for something and I've come in tothe living room. I think it's more of being startled by my suddenlybeing there though. :)

Latest posts

Back