How do you use coroplast?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
Do you use coroplast as flooring for a cage? Can you post some pics? I want to make a play area for my bunnies with their cage inside. I have hardwood floor and I don't want my floor to be ruined with their pee.

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I would not really use it to cover a large area as it can be expensive and doesn't provide much traction. If you did want to use it to cover your floor, I would get some 4X8 sheets (as many as you need) and duct tape them together. If you are using a pen, then you don't really need to make edges. One problem this could create is that it will be hard to move and store if you need to move it.
I only use coroplast in the cages. I cut it so that the bottom is a bit smaller than the cage dimensions (1-2 inches). If you have a big enough piece, then add 4-6 inches on all sides for the edges. I then cut out the corner and tape the edges together. You may need to score (cut 1/2 way though) so it bends easier. I also use poster hangers over the edge to prevent chewing.
I do have a pen that I use. I have a small tarp that is 4X6ft. I put interlocking mats over top and the pen doesn't go all the way to the end. This is easy to clean and easy to put away as I can't leave it up all the time. A tarp is a good idea under them as pee can get between the edges, so the tarp would just protect the floor. The mats do provide traction and are easy to clean.

Thank you so much for the info. The tarp and the interlocking mats is a great idea. I will do the same next month. Footfoot is going to be neutered this Thursday. I will be able to put my 2 bunnies together by then. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back