How do you tell its a flemish ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo

Reaction score

I was wondering, if you guys could help me out..again

How do you tell a young flemish bunny from other young bunnies ?

I really want a flemish but I dont know how to tell theircharacteristics from other buns, at the pet-stores they dont know thebreeds, and Im not sure if there is any breeders around my area, anyhelp will be greatly appriciated, thanks!

If my true goal was to get a flemish, forget thepet store. If there are no flemish breeders near you, see if there areany rabbit shows coming to near where you live. You can check the ARBAweb site. There's a good chance you might find a flemish breeder atmost shows. That's how I found Fonzie.:)

I agree with everyone who says "forget the pet stores" on this - definitely go to a breeder.

To me, one of the characteristics of a flemish is their giantears. Even when I looked at the babies at thebreeder - they seemed to have large ears.

Tiny was 3 months old when I got him and he weighed 6pounds. The breeder showed me some younger Flemishthat weren't ready to leave yet...and they were bigger than the 3 monthold Netherland Dwarfs that we got....

Peg

Well, I would get em from a petstore but theydont have any :shock:, and like I said, I would get mines frombreeders, but Im not sure if there is any in Georgia, near my area:(but thanks for the help, wow I cant beilive a 3 monthflemish weighs 6 pounds aready!! :shock: thanksfrenchlopgirl, I will check the site out ;)

Hi Paulo. A Flemish Giant isn't the kindof rabbit you will find in a petstore. I had to go to another statejust to get mine because no one in Virginia breeds them.

Here is a link to the National Federation of Flemish GiantBreeders, Inc. It is for every one that loves Flemmies. If you scrolldown the left side you'll see the breeders link. Click and find the onenearest you.

If they are a bit to far check out the show page and see if any will be close to you that way.

Tina

Other breeders maycome to shows in the area. Figured it couldn't hurt to check it by shows to.

I was lucky that Apollo's breeder met us at a show. It saved us an additional hour travel time. Hope it helps.

Tina

Back