How do you stop them from Chewing on carpet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizm

Reaction score
I put a carpetted mat in their cage once and Ihad to take it away because they were eating it. Is there a bittertasting, odorless & colorless spray or something that I can puton carpeting (and WALLS!) to deter them from chewing?

Spraying vinegar on the carpet worked for me, but it doesn't deter some rabbits.

You did the right thing by taking it away. Carpet fiber is very dangerous if too much is ingested.

I don't think anything would stand between Lokiand carpet in his cage. Sometimes it's just too fun tochew. That's why I don't give him any fabric, because I'm 90%certain that large amounts of it would end up in his stomach while I'mnot looking.

Outside the cage, I rub soap on the woodwork where they like tochew. Carpets I usually just cover over where they aredigging. I haven't found any other good way. I puta cardboard box, litterbox, or straw mat where they've been digging.

And I watch them. My rabbits all know what "no" means andwill often stop, but sometimes they ignore me on purpose.That's why I also keep a water-filled spray bottle handy.;)

I have the same problems. I've triedthe same tricks over and over, and my Baby is just flat outstubborn. I think she likes to see just how far she can pushit.

at one of the pet stores they carry a spray thatis bitter but safe for animals. So you may want to try that, it didntwork for me, Mocha actually liked the taste and chewed and licked thewires even more!! I dont know whats wrong with my girl:?

Back