How do you stop a glutton bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDShorty

Reaction score
I have my 2 buns, Dori my fat girl, and Enkei, my really active more slender bun. Well my Dori is quite the glutton and I can't figure out what to do about this. I feed them each a plate of greens in the morning and one at night. But Enkei is the bun who will eat a little and then run off and wants to come back later and eat the rest. But Dori inhales her food, then goes over and inhales whatever he leaves behind :rollseyes. It's hard for me to keep track because once I feed them I have to go get ready for work, or go make dinner, etc. So when I can if Enkei runs off I'll pick up his plate and put it above the cage. But more often than not by the time I get back to them, both plates are empty and I"m not quite sure than it was Enkei that ate all his food. Anyone have this problem? How do you feed 2 buns when 1 is a glutton and the other one is a picker :p

Could you maybe rearrange the routine and feed them separately?

That may not be easy though. It might just be that Enkei would then just eat all she wanted in one sitting, and would not get a second chance. It would also mean you could cut down the food Dori has to try and get her to lose some weight.

Latest posts

Back