how do you say good-night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
i just realized how cute winnie, herman, and i are when it is bedtime.

this is us on a normal night:

since the rabbits have gotten back home, i go and wish them a goodnight (right before they get 'tucked' into bed, they get fresh hay), soi sit in front of the cage and give them the hay (which makes themcomplete love bunnies as nothing is better in the bunny world then abig pile of fresh hay) and normally they sit and munch while i amsitting at the door of the cage petting them. well, then when we havehad our fill of nose rubs, i will call winnie over for a nosekiss/nudge thing (it is normally me kissing their nose while they arestanding on their backfeet), she will gladly come for a "kissgoodnight". . .but then it is hermans turn, and as the little boy heis. . .i will call his name and he will continue to sit with his buttto my face munching on the hay, looking over his sholder like say "mom,i am WAY to old for kisses", i will poke at him and call him, till hefinally turns around and give me a "WHAT! i am busy, can't you see i'mbusy". . .then return to the hay, so i finally give up, and begin toclose the door and herman rushes over nudging the door (against meclosing it) to open it back up again were he will then reach for a nosekiss and a quick pet before letting me close the cage and turn off thelight.

no wonder my rabbits didn't like living at the other lady's, they aretotally spoiled here. . .i admit it, i am a bunny slave. . .

hehe, we have a nightly ritual too.

I climb in bed and pull the "bunny step" up to the side of the bed (thebunny step is also known as their carrier, but it is a good step heightto get on the bed). Charlie and Misty both climb on and playfor a while.

They like to make the bed and toss the covers. I read whileCharlie sits on my chest and reads along or sometimes he just keepshopping back and forth - but always blocking my book. Mosttimes I'm looking at his butt rather than whatever I'mreading. Misty usually sinks into the duvet and hunkers downfor some pets while I read one handed.

After they get tired of that they usually start causing mischief -chewing at the blankets and digging, so I toss them down off thebed.

Then they bothcrawl under the bed and find a spot to sleepfor the night. Usually until about 5:30am when their internalbunny alarms go off and tell them it's time to play.... :(

Well, with Tumnus its a game of 'see if you cantrick me' while I put food and veggies in his condo to see if he willgo in. Some nights, he wins and ends up getting to stay out all night.

Basil and Max are my snuggle bunnies. They both jump up in bed with meto snuggle while I read. Max usually only stays for about 5 minutes andthen jumps down. Basil would stay all night if I let him.

If both my girls are in their cages, I go up,make sure everything is topped off (that's when I normally give themtheir pellets for the day/night).

I then stand there and give them both loads of love...kisses and petting. :)

Flower always wants her kisses...so she'll automatically stand up and I'll kiss her cute little pink nose.

Though Maisie's are quicker, and you've gotta be on the lookout forthem because she gets back down FAST, I get to give her cute littlegray nose a kiss or two, as well.

Can't wait to see what my bedtime regiment will be with Trixie...

I think they always know when it's time for "good-night's", becausethey're MUCH more eager for love at that time. Of course, allthe lights turning off is a good sign, haha!

Oh, I just loooove my girls...*sigh of happiness*

My guys live full-time in their 14x16 foot rabbit room so fortunately there is no bunny wrangling at night. I usually go down and shut off one of their overhead lights and put out their greens. I give my guinea pig his greens and change everyone's water. I usually put out some fresh hay and then shut off the other light. The last thing I say to them is "Hazel, you be a good boy. Night night Ell-ell". Ell-ell is my nickname for my girl Ellie. We are so routine it is funny!

i have a nightly routine as well with my bunnies but it varies depending on the time of year and where the bunnies have stayed the day this is my winter routine-

Everyday. As they live outsdie i have to get shoes on and as its now dark when i go out i turn a light on outside which is when the bunnies know im coming! i go out and get the security light to turn on by walking along the patio. i then walk over to the greenhosue where the dry food and hay live. also during the winter i ahve ahd one of the bunnies living in there during the day!

i then get a pot of pellets, give a small amount to the bunny in the greenhouseand some hay and go back to their hutches and top everytihng up for the night. i then check their water bowls and bottles

Day 1. If Dandy is in the greenhosue then i take the pellet pot back to the greenhouse. pick her up and cary her back to her hutch here she gets very excited to get in and scrabbles i wait for her to calm down then let her hop in. she then turns round and dives into her food bowl, whcih is when i give her a litter stoke.Once ive finished i shut the door and then flap the blanket down and say night night to her!

i then climb into the pen and catch Daisy and put her back, give her stoke, shut the door, flap the balnket down and say night night.

Day 2. If Daisy is in the greenhouse, having given out food and water i pick Dandy up and shut her away (as explained above) Theni go and get Daisy from the greenhosue as its to much risk having them both in the pen together even with me holding one!

Day 3. If both bunnies are out which only happens on a sat, i feed food and water then put daisy back into her hutch and then Dandy as Daisy stays int eh side of the pen which has her hutch in!

sorry for the long post! lots to explain!

My buns know it's bedtimewhen I bring the salads out. I serve them in their cages. That signals that playtime is over and they return to their cages without any fuss. If I'm late, they run into the cages and give me "the look".

While they munch, I top off hay racks and water bottles. The girls get pets and sometimes a Craisin. They mostly want to cuddle together and could care less about me at that point. Toby is a different story. He waits at the cage door for me to come and give him loves.

I sit in the floor and rub his ears and face until my arm goes numb. I tell him what a handsome, sweet boy he is and he tooth purrs away and closes his eyes. I usually don't stop until hesits up and looks at me like, "okay, you can go to bed now, Mom", then he washes his face, stretches and jumps up to the top level for the night.

Daisdy has her cage on a stand at easy chair level so gets lots of TLC all day (i'm at home most of the time.) During the day she has an Indian print bedspread partly covering the cage, & after i set her up at night with greens & hay i cover the cage to give her a sense of security. With that i say, "Good-night, Daisy!"

Back