How do you know?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi this should be moved to the rabbitary for more help on the matter.;)
ill find a mod to move it!

I guess the best way to know would be to get in contact with some of their other customers and see if they were happy with the breeder or go to their rabbitry and have a look around and talk to them in person.

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Also, attend some shows in the area and talk to breeders at the shows. Word of mouth is the way I get the "scoop" on people.

Sharon
:yeahthat:

Also ask lots of questions, good breeders will be happy to answer them and chat for a while about rabbits, you can most often tell if they are passionate about what they do! Bad breeders tend to either blag it or brush you off pretty quickly in my experience.

Well, you don't, unless you attend shows and get to know people. The rabbit world is a small place, and most breeders will not openly talk down other breeders, you have to make friends to find out who the bad apples are. Try to find the friendly ones, like Jenson suggested, those that will take the time to talk to you even though their not selling you anything are a good place to start. Just wait until they have time to talk, not when their running rabbits up to the tables. Most rabbit folks are pretty nice, but we have our jerks just like any other community.

I agree, attend shows and talk to people. Ask questions... and communicate well... tell them exactly what you are looking for... a really good breeder will try to help you find the right rabbit for you... whether for show, breeding or pet. And hopefully even refer you to another breeder if they don't have what you want.

Does the breeder offer basic information about rabbit care? Does the breederoffer to help you in the future with questions or advice? Does the breeder take back rabbits that don't work out?

But also look at their rabbits. Really look at them. Are they ingood condition? Clean and well fed? Do they look content and happy? That will tell a lot about the person that cares for them.

Back