How do you know when...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
and are bonded? Thumps and Peaches are doing pretty good lately.I'm not sure whenthey should be consideredbonded?

They have been together all day since 9am. They'veslept under the couch together, went exploring around the house, comforted each other when I cut their nails...have been eating and relaxing in the litter box together and grooming each other a whole lot.

Peaches gave in to all of the mounting Thumper was doing. Now she just lays there till he is over it. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to tell for sure and finally build that cage before I go back to work.

What do you guys think?

Thx,

*Jackie

I'd consider being actually bonded when they are living together and not having any fights whatsoever.

Glad Thumper and Peaches are doing good. :)

My guys I would say are newly bonded :).

You could try keeping them in a pen together for a few days in familiar territory. That's what I'm doing with Bruno and Poppy. They've been in there for probably 50 hours now, with no problems! :DThe pen is right next to their normal cages.

I think after a week of being in a pen in familiar territory with no aggression or problems, it's safe to say they are bonded.

Hmmm...at this point, they've been together for 12 hrs and are now getting a little antsy.

If they have grown tired of each other, I will put them in their own cage...if they can continue, I'll put them in the pen and sleep in the living room tonight to supervise.

Does this sound ok to do?

Buns often get most active at dusk and dawn, so maybe try them over those times of day. Try them in the morning, all the way through the day, and only separate them at night (if you think that might work).

Sleeping near them for their first night/s is a great idea, that way you can separate them if necessary. The crunch times will be dusk and dawn, the rest should be ok :)

Thx guys!

I am happy to say T&P have been together for 27 hrs straight and are doing GREAT! :bunnyheart

They slept together last night, while my son and I camped out in living room, with no incidents! I mean, other than peaces jumping out of the pen...when she saw that I was there, she jumped right back in!:tongue

Well, they had their pellets already and were running around for a bit. Now, they are both under the couch...:bunnydance:

I think I am going to expand the cage today. I will be sleeping out here for the next couple of nights...

Latest posts

Back