How do you know that a bunny is sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
How do you know? :?I'm not sure if Emmyis well. Her nose is kinda mosty. Is that anything to worry about? Andi haven't taken her to the vet yet because my parents is very busy withwork. Any one care to help? :(

It's possible. Stephie had a little runny nosewhen i took here for her first exam after I brought her home from thepet store. The vet gave me a decongestant for her to take for a weekand the runny nose was gone afterward.

Most of the time their eating and drinking willchange or stop. Also, they can seem lazy, but that is just ageneral rule of thumb. Sometimes they will just have a offday.

Ed

Hi Trina,

There is a list above in one of the top 4 posts of this forum askingabout what articles people would like to see listed in future RabbitsOnly Magazines.

In there, I'm pretty sure I wrote a list of things you should watch out for.

A moist nose is a bit of a concern because a rabbit's nose should be dry.
It could be anything from allergies to a respiratory infection. If it'srespiratory, you usually see signs of lethargy, sneezing and a nasaldischarge, heavy breathing, not eating, and their front paws get mattedfrom wiping their nose. If that's the case, if it's caught early andtreated with medication, the rabbit can survive.

If you do notice sneezing and a discharge, note the color. Is it clear or not?

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Also, if it's winter, slight condensation aroundthe nose is normal, especially in the mornings. I'm starting to seemoist noses now that it got cold.

Rose

When a rabbit or bunny is mostly sick, they justlay down in there cage or sit up right. (( At least to my indication ofmy researches here on the internet ))

Latest posts

Back