How do you guys do it? Seriously?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponyta

Reaction score
How do you look at pretty bunnies and NOT adopt them all?

I've had Lily and Jack for nearly four months now, I think. It feels like forever. We've had our ups and downs, and we're still getting into a routine, but I love them to pieces and they love me back. Or maybe they love the banana and cheek rubs, who knows. I'm glad I waited out Lily's trouble behavior, I can't imagine not having these two in my life. :)

But... there are Flemish giants, and Holland lops, and cutesie little Lion heads with FLUFFS and Californians and omg it's brain over load I have to save them all! >.<

I think I'm going into shock...

I do know that I will be adding hamsters at some point, and hopefully advocate aggressively for those poor babies.

It is hard not to feel like saving them all. I guess in my case I figure I have to realistically look at my finances and time. I want to give my pets the best possible home and there's only so much of me to go around. It's much easier said than done. For my three bunns I got as diverse as I could so I could see the personalities of different breeds. I also think if I don't stop bringing home animals my husband would end up angry. It's a very fine line.

It's VERY VERY VERY hard. You want to take them all in, but eventually you have to come to a point where you have to ask yourself if you have a BUNCH of rabbits are each and everyone of them really getting the love and attention they deserve?

I don't look:biggrin2:

I look at people's pictures here, but really, I stay away from stores and places that are tempting. I will look at rescue sites but once I click off, I can break the urge.

And I definitely do not look at Craig's list. You really cannot save them all, and looking there is setting yourself up to be upset.

It's actually fairly easy for me to avoid getting new bunnies. Our townhouse isn't very big and if we got more I have no idea where we'd put them (without completely getting rid of our dining room table, or spare bed, or something). I didn't like bonding my two the first time and definitely don't have time now, so trying to make a trio just seems daunting and impossible. I'd also feel so bad to take away exercise time from my two because I had to split it with another bun (I'm only home for 4-5 hours a day as it is).

So that's how I talk myself out of new rabbits! They're so cute, but when I think about how disruptive it would be to all of us and how unfair to my current pair, it's pretty easy to turn them down.

Latest posts

Back