how do you find homes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesmaven

Reaction score
I'm keeping one of the 7 and I had thought I had 3 of them given away but now I find it's against the people's lease. So now in 3 weeks I'll have to find homes for 3 boys and 3 girls. SIGH

The lady said she was going to try to talk to the manager and get him to change his mind. But I don't know if that will happen. They are 7 weeks old.

Find a local rescue that will list them on Petfinder and/or Adopt-a-Pet for you. Also, take them to the rescue's adoption events to get then seen. Our rescue does this for many people and have had success in the past.

put them on craigslist. It's honestly not hard to find homes for rabbits. If this is her first time iwth them anyway, 3 doesnt sound like a good idea to start with in the house. Local papers, exc.

You could also try going to rabbit shows and giving them away/selling them there.

I sell mine at shows. Just sold a really cute baby at the Houston Livestock Show (State fairs bring crowds and people love rabbits lol). I also list mine on craigs list and its pretty easy there.

I love rescues but some already have bunnies that need to be rehomed. Show's are great because they have bunny owners and new show prospect owners who would love to have a bunny baby. The guy we got our choc buck senior ND sold teo other young buns. He also bought some dwarfs while he was there. It's worth a try but bring them when they are age appropriate.

The bad thing is that I have no idea what breed they are, don't know what dad looked like and I don't have a clue as to what Josephine is, she's a cinnamon colored somebun? She's a big girl. She's bigger than my adult ND and she's 5 months old. Here's Josephine behind King:

14183_172120_210000002.jpg

The babies are 2 blacks (1 I am keeping) 2 browns and 3 cinnamon colored like mom

Can you sell them at shows if you don't know what breed they are? I was at the Fort Worth show recently but it looked like the people there all had rabbits didn't even look open to the public, I think I was the only one there not showing a rabbit. Also I'm not a breeder, I've always spayed and neutered mine but this one came to me pregnant, do you have to be a breeder to sell at shows?

Some vets allow for postings in their office so maybe that is a possibility. I normally looked for homes through local ads (craigslist, kijiji) and help from shelters. Also, talking about them to everyone helped a lot. Lol. Word usually spread that I often had rabbits looking for homes so some people did contact me to find out about them.:)It may take some time but eventually you'll find suitable homes. Best of luck!

I would wait, thats young. See if you can make them some birth certificate to let new owners know their age. Some info is better then none. Also make some bunny packages. Like feed, hay, and put it in cute buckets with the certificate.

I would make your ads soon though, so that you can have people in mind when it is time.

There are a lot of flakes on those websites though, they'll say they're coming to look and just won't ever show or even email/phone you back.

Good luck.

thanks I posted an ad on Craigslist with pictures of 3 of them and I stated in the headline that they would be ready for new homes on April 9th. I'm also going to post a sign in my yard.

Thanks I've gotten a few replies but most are just wondering where I'm located in D/FW. So I put that in the ad now I have someone wanting to know what breed they are. I have no idea what breed they are.

Back