How do you do it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamommaof2

Reaction score
I had my husbands parents come for the week,so I had to move Teddy into our room and out of our bonus room. I am wondering for those who have there buns sleep in the same room as you how do you get any sleep? Teddy decideds in the middle of the night to start chewing on cardboard or on his chew block and it wakes me out of a dead sleep. I cant tell you how tired I am and wish I could go to:bed:. So today I am trying to get the energy to get his cage and set it up again in the bonus room. Oh and did I tell you we made a day trip so I wanted to make sure he had enough hay for the day just incase we got home late that night. So I took my sons pull ups box and filled it with hay and layed it on its side and Teddy could hop up to it and just sit there and eat. Well we came home that night and the box was empty and Teddy had taken all of the hay and scattered it all over his cage and made an area to lay in and the other areas have poop piles. So now I have to figure out how to get this all cleaned up before I move his cage.

I just moved my bunnies back into my bedroom within the last week or so. And they had previously been in my room before I decided to create a "bunny room." I've always loved having my animals in my bedroom with me, but that's just me. Plenty of people I know and have talked to have trouble sleeping if their pets are in the bedroom.

The chattering of my gerbils, wheels, chewing, hay munching, digging, ball jingling, water drinking, eating, and everything else that bunnies and other small animals do are a comfort to me. Now when I'm out of town it's hard to sleep without their "noise." It has always been that way for me, but I'd think that if you got used to their rustling about that it wouldn't even be noticeable after a while. And if your bunny was continually in your bedroom at night it would also adapt to your schedule. My bunnies sleep during the night and are more active during the day and I attribute that to their being on my schedule.

Either way, good luck. And get some rest :p!

I know it is not funny but i had to laugh, when my inlaws come over to our house one sleeps in my sons room and my mil sleeps in the living room on an air mattress , because they get up at the crack of early. So we had to move the air mattress in the bedroom that my hubby is redoing because she said the rabbits keep her up all night with thier water bottle,lol!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes when i am laying in bed , upstairs away from the bunnies, i will turn to my husband and say "what is that sound" lol

To answer the how do you do it, well sim ple if you want sleep you dont have them in your room!!!!!!!! lol:p

Hahaha! When we first moved to Florida we lived with a friend for six months before we bought our house and the girls shared our room. I got used to their noise and actually missed it when we weren't roomies anymore.

Lol, the bit about the 'hay arena' made me laugh!! That's exactly what happens if we give our buns lots of hay to last them a little while.... :p

I've gotta say, I SO wish I could have our buns in the same room. Is it you Alicia who has a bunny cage right next to your bed, so you can pet them as you go to sleep if you want to? I WISH I could have that.... I keep suggesting to Steve that our next bunny can live in the bedroom but he wont have any of getting a next bunny! :(:(:(

Having said that, I can appreciate the noise issue! We live in a fairly roomy 3-bed house, and leave the living room door open at nght, which leads straight onto the landing, stairs, and then into our room at the other end of the house. With our bedroom door open we can hear every little jump, scrabble, and dig! When they rattle their bowls together in the mornings lol we can hear it in our sleep! We can even hear them jumping in and out of the litter trays lol... :shock:

I WANT A BEDROOM BUNNY!!!!

Well I moved Teddy back into the bonus room. It was a sad move,but it was nasty cleaning out all the hay he decided to rearange. Ther was an area that was soaked peed and poop area Eww.So now he has settled back down and munching on his little treats.

Back