How do we keep from buying them all?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
I just stopped at a breeders on my way home from work and I was just about overwhelmed! They had about 50 rabbits..lots of mini rex (Gorgeous!)and lionheads..oh and one girl dutch that Basil would looove.

I know I cant have any more (unless maybe tumnus cant be bonded, then I could get him a lady). I just want to bring them all home! Anyone else have these kind of experiences? I wanted to tell someone how beautiful these rabbits are, but I think my friends would think Im crazy if I called them right now!

I justcant stop thinking about their little faces pressing up against the cages togreet me!

*Note to Self: Avoid all Rabbitrys!

-Haley

Yup, I have that happen all the time. Basically that's why I avoid breeders and pet stores because I would take them without a second thought. Last time I was in a place with rabbits (rabbit show) I bought Zoey on the spur of the moment so that shows you what kind of control I have!

I know what you mean! I was just at the humane society to look at cats, and there was the sweetest little mini rex there! He loved to be petted, and learned that we would stop and pet him every time we went past his cage (in a hallway between cat rooms) if he begged a little. But I really shouldn't get another, especially at the same time as getting naughty kittens!

Aww..doesnt it just break your heart? At least this one was a breeder, so I know they will (i hope) go to good homes. That was probably the only thing that kept me from walking out of there with an arm full of bunnies!

If that had been a shelter, I dont think I wouldve made it out empty handed!!

*Note to Self: Avoid Shelters! :D

We just have huge hearts, dont we?!

-Haley

I'm exactly the same!! That's why I've ended up with 10 budgies >.<

I went past a bird shop the other week and popped in to see what they had, and there were two beautiful baby bunnies out the front. It took everything I had not to buy them there and then, even when, as I walked past to leave, they got up to beg. I knew that if I stopped to pet them I'd take them home...

The thing is, I know that over here 90% of the pets will be going to a bad home. That's why I feel I have to take them.

We are all the same!! I told myself "no more bunnies,3 and that's it" but, MBB started a thread about this adorable bunny named daisy!! And of course she is in my area!!
Now (crossing my fingers!) I'll be adopting to her (I hope, hope she can come home with me!)

We just can't resist those adorable bunny noses that stick out from the cages!!:inlove:

I'm the same way too...it takes a lot of strength to walk away from those cute little faces! For instance, this little guy is currently one of the bunnies featured for adoption at our Humane Society. I'd love to adopt him, but I do have to consider finances, having to make room for him indoors in the winter, etc....but isn't he absolutely adorable???? His name is Jackal, and he's a mini-rex:

minirex.jpg

What a cutie! He looks like the mini rex that I almost took home, except he was grey and white. Such a sweetheart too, I really hope he gets a good home.

bbgrl20 wrote:
We are all the same!! I told myself "no more bunnies,3 and that's it" but, MBB started a thread about this adorable bunny named daisy!! And of course she is in my area!!
Now (crossing my fingers!) I'll be adopting to her (I hope, hope she can come home with me!)
Oh yeah! Just blame it all on me. ;)But hey, she needed a good bunny home and it looks like she may have found one now! :DI never thought I'd end up finding her a home but now that you stepped up the to the plate, I could just hug you for trying to add her to your family. I would hate to see her spend her life in a shelter.

No blame, just BIG Thank you!:hug:

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Oh yeah! Just blame it all on me. ;)But hey, she needed a good bunny home and it looks like she may have found one now! :DI never thought I'd end up finding her a home but now that you stepped up the to the plate, I could just hug you for trying to add her to your family. I would hate to see her spend her life in a shelter.

Glad to hear everyone understands my frustration!

If I could buy them all, I would.

My boyfriend (whom I live with) is out of town for the weekend and I thought it might be funny to play a little joke. I told him about the rabbitry and how I wanted to take them all home. Wouldnt it befunny if I made up a sign that said "rabbits for sale: 50 to choose from". lol

I could put it in the yard right before he gets home..make him think I did buy them all...Thatwould really freak him out. ;)It would be so funny though!

-Haley

I need some help too. I have way more bunnys than my husband wanted me to.

I just picked up Angel today. She lived at a big rabbitry with lots of nice stables. I walked inside and I saw the cutest buns walking around free. They were all so really tame and they all seemed to love me 0_o

The breeder opened the doors of the cages and in every box there was a little family living. I had 20 rabbits looking at me out of their boxes and another 20 trying to climb me- It was like bunny wonderland!:shock:I felt like I heard the bunnys saying "take me home"...

We spent 2 1/2 hours there playing with the buns. And in the end I took home one more than I intended to..actually I wanted to take the whole rabbitry but I strongly tried to control the bunny love.:dunno

Now I got 7 bunnies..I took in little Mia, Angels halfsister. Everytime I would pet her she would do a dead bunny flop:hearts:

They are so cute, but I really dont know what to tell my husband when he gets back from Iraq next yr...:lookaround

hh2420 wrote:
Glad to hear everyone understands my frustration!

If I could buy them all, I would.

My boyfriend (whom I live with) is out of town for the weekend and I thought it might be funny to play a little joke. I told him about the rabbitry and how I wanted to take them all home. Wouldnt it befunny if I made up a sign that said "rabbits for sale: 50 to choose from". lol

I could put it in the yard right before he gets home..make him think I did buy them all...Thatwould really freak him out. ;)It would be so funny though!

-Haley
I think if they are for sale he would think they will be gone soon anyway...Maybe you could put up a sign saying welcome to my rabbitry, meet me and my 50 bunnies;)

lol

he just got home early ..not enough time to do anything too clever. I did, however, tell him about the little dutch girl when I had talked to him the other day. So, when he got home he was going in to say hi to Basil and Max and I said "oh,Im so excited for you to met her".

He said "her?Oh no, Haley you didnt..." and was lookingunder the bed and everything for another bun. It was quite funny :)

He wasnt too mad though, so maybe I shouldve brought the little lady home! :D

Mümmel wrote:
Now I got 7 bunnies..I took in little Mia, Angels halfsister. Everytime I would pet her she would do a dead bunny flop:hearts:

They are so cute, but I really dont know what to tell my husband when he gets back from Iraq next yr...:lookaround
Sorry I missed this first post before! YAAAAY for you! Sounds like you have waay less self control than I do! But thats a good thing! Just tell him you were lonely...better to be off snuggling rabbits than other men:biggrin. lol.

Youre going to have like a hundred by the time he gets home!

Oh and I cant wait to see pics of the new little lady!

-Haley

Mümmel wrote:
Tell him that you missed him so much that you had to get more to help fill the gap and keep you busy/distracted. ;)He can't get mad then.

hh2420 wrote:
Aww..doesnt it just break your heart? At least this one was a breeder, so I know they will (i hope) go to good homes. That was probably the only thing that kept me from walking out of there with an arm full of bunnies!

-Haley
I hate to tell you this but the bunnies coming from breeders are ending up in humane societies. The humane society (at least where I am) does a very thorough screening of any prospective adopter..the humane society bunnies probably go to better homes than breeder bunnies.

i went to a pet shop yesterday for hamster food and i saw two baby rabbits and they were so cute! im not getting one for a while and when i do it will be from a rescue so i had to tear myself away

angieluv wrote:
hh2420 wrote:

-Haley
I hate to tell you this but the bunnies coming from breeders are ending up in humane societies. The humane society (at least where I am) does a very thorough screening of any prospective adopter..the humane society bunnies probably go to better homes than breeder bunnies.
Hm u mean the buns from shelters maybe? You wrote breeders 2 times.:?They do a LOT of screening here. I wasnt allowed to take in bunnies because Im with the U.S. Military. They had bad experiences with people like that.

-I think if I would tell my husband that little Mia did that cute thing he will think its ok..*sigh* I will find a way.

I will work on posting some pictures of the new girls now:):)

Back