How do I make a profile picture?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new and I have no clue what to do on this, thanks!

Before I forget, you can find answers to a lot of this sort of question on the Announcements and Support forum - the "Some Helpful Hints to Get You Started" thread is particularly useful.

What do you mean by "profile picture"? The picture which appears under your name on the left of your posts, like my picture of two rabbits (Scone and Natasha)? That's called an "avatar". The "helpful hints" thread says this:

An Avatar is the little picture to the left of the screen under your name. To make one, click on 'My Account' and then the Avatar button, and use 'Browse' to view the images in your 'My Pictures' directory or elsewhere on your computer. Rabbits Only allows a maximum size of 100 pixels x 100 pixels, with a file size no bigger than 48k.

If you don't already have a small pic you want to use (you can check the size by putting your cursor over the picture and clicking you right side mouse button), RO recommends the following site to resize a picture for an Avatar: http://www.resize2mail.com/?option=advanced.

Just use their Browse button to choose an image from your 'My Pictures' or other directory on your computer, type the size (100 x 100 or other) in the blanks provided, and hit 'okay'. When the picture appears at the bottom of your screen, put your cursor on the image (but not in the optional 'crop' area), right-click your mouse and save the image to the name you want. Upload that image using the My Account and Avatar buttons as listed above.

Is that what you wanted to know?

We also have a forum called "Camera Corner" which is intended to help folks with questions on photography in general (and particularly of bunnies). As the Camera Corner Mod, I just wanted to mention that...

Back