How do I make a cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Reaction score
How do I make a cage with the wirewalls? I don't like the pet store rabbit cage I bought when Ibought Petunia...I want her to have more space...especially more than 1story...and I don't have a fortune to spend either.Any advise?

i just built a cage for my bun, what i did is ibuilt a wooden frame then i bought wire and cut it to the right sizefor each side and i took the staple gun and just stapled it to thewood, it was farely easy, but id nd't add storys it was more like rampsleading up to shelves which i just used shelf hooks and hooked it tothe wood.

The link Mambo posted is a great one.I built my bunny's cage out of the storage cubes. You can buythem at many different places, but most Targets will havethem. I used two boxes for my cage, but depending on the sizeyou want you may only need one. Each box usually costs about$15. Many other members here have built their owncages. If I can find it, I'll bump a thread that has lots ofpictures of member's cages and how they built them. Here's mybunny condo:

bunnycondo.jpg

When we found out about the cavy cages back inAugust we put our 2 buns in those cages too. They had their own 2x3size and 2 high. They got alot of freetime. But If we get a flemmie wewill need much bigger than that. Just big enough so he/she can justsleep in or not being home that is all. I will have the bun out most ofthe time.

Angelscavies-n-buns wrote:
When we found out about the cavy cages back in August we putour 2 buns in those cages too. They had their own 2x3 size and 2 high.They got alot of freetime. But If we get a flemmie we will need muchbigger than that. Just big enough so he/she can just sleep in or notbeing home that is all. I will have the bun out most of thetime.
I believe I read the NIC cages generally aren't sturdyenough for a flemish....Keely is not even 4 months old and I don'tthink I'd feel comfortable putting her in one. She's gonna beHUGE!

i'd recommend just building a cagewith wood and wire and screws, i had so much extra wood around. thecage cost me about 30 dollars, which included the carpenting inside,the wire, some screws, and the door hinges or w.e there called. and myother cage cost me over 100 and this one is SO much bigger!

I started Passat's NIC cage yesterday.I have all of the cube part done except for the very top. Nowall I need is the botton and liners for the levels. I'll postpics later. xD

Latest posts

Back