How do i know if rabbit is fully bonded with me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juste

Reaction score
Hi, so i just wondering how do i know if she if bonded with me?
I mean she was this sweet little bunny when i first brought her home, giving kisses to everyone etc. (Well now she gives a kiss on the nose when i come back from work and stuff my face in her cage to greet her)😆
Now she comes to me if i have food, or if she feels playfull and running around while i am sitting. She has few favourite spots where she likes to sleep, and thats the only time she allows me to pet her, when she is laying down. And of course usually she lays down if im not next to her. Only on rare occasions she flops down next to me.
When i pet her i see that she enjoys it, but i can't understand why she is usually runs away if i try to pet her.
In past few weeks there was a few times when i kind off noticed a difference in her behaviour. But it was just a few times.
So i don't understand if we are still bonding, or it is just her personality.

It sounds like you two have a really strong relationship, which is absolutely awesome. I've found with my rabbits that bonding often feels like a life long activity. Just when I think I've learned everything about one's personality, I learn something new and we get an opportunity to become even closer.
That's one of my favorite parts of rabbit ownership in fact! We learn to trust each other in a different capacity the whole time. The work towards being best friends has been wonderful. Of course, personality plays a role, but that too will evolve! Good luck and have fun!

It sounds like you two have a really strong relationship, which is absolutely awesome. I've found with my rabbits that bonding often feels like a life long activity. Just when I think I've learned everything about one's personality, I learn something new and we get an opportunity to become even closer.
That's one of my favorite parts of rabbit ownership in fact! We learn to trust each other in a different capacity the whole time. The work towards being best friends has been wonderful. Of course, personality plays a role, but that too will evolve! Good luck and have fun!
Thank you! 😊

Latest posts

Back