How do I guess at age?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hleigh99

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a new dwarf bunny who has started to spray. (As if he thinks Idon'talready know it's his territory!) I live in a smallapartment and want to get him fixed. The vet won't do it until he is 6months old, but I don't have any idea how old he is. Does anyone havean estimate of weight or length for a dwarf that I could compare toguess at an age?

PS. Can you tell I want this surgery done yesterday.

The neutering can be done when the little man's testicles have dropped. If you can see them, it's time.

For the record -- there is no accurate way to tell a rabbit's age,except for being able to distinguish a very young rabbit from an olderone.

The top show weight for aNetherland Dwarfis 2 1/2pounds -- but some pet stores sell "dwarf" rabbits that mature at 10lbs., so weight is not necessarily an indicator of age. Evenin purebred show rabbits, mature weight may very widely by individual.

Pam

hleigh99, I went to Florida State in Tallahassee. Where did you get your bunny?

I graduated in 1995, elementary education :)

I got my rabbit, Chaucer from a bunny farm up there. I don't recall the name of the farm, though.

I can't believe it's been 10 years! ....wow...

Here's Chaucer and her babies on Landis Green.

They are adorable! Chaucer gives me an idea formy rabbit. I hadn't even thought of my authors. (I was an English majoras an undergrad)

Latest posts

Back