How do I get rid of their smell?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo090

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Bi Odor for a year now and the smell is now getting worse form their urine and poops. What is wrong wit the bi odor now? I already put 5 squirts of it in their water bottle, that is the max dosage.

Is bi odor safE?

Are your bun/s neutered? that could easily help the smell.

Also, if you could litter train them then you would have a specific bit of their hutch that you could easily clean daily, which could also help.

I have never heard of the product you use, so I would not want to say whether or not it is safe.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about that product either.

Some people put a little bit of vanilla into the water, that is supposed to help with odor too.

Check out this thread in Bunny 101, Odorcontrol

Thank you guys. I have tried vanilla but my bunny refuses to drink vanilla flavored water. I use the small animal version of the product and yes the bunny is neutered. For some reason thumper doesnt want to go in his litter box only. He goes in it, and all over the cage.

Hey there - have you worked on litter training him? If he is not going in the litter - it sounds like you need to start from scratch with him and litter train him.

A bunny's pee and poop will smell always - the litter is what will control the odour. If he is not using the litter and you are not able to clean the pee and the poop up right away - you will always have to deal with the smell.

To re-litter train him, you have to have him in a smal area (small pen or cage) and leave him in there, picking up all his poop as soon as he does it and putting it into his litter box. You will also need to wipe up any pee he does outside of the litter with a napkin and put it into the litter box.

After a short time in the smaller pen/cage - he should start to get the idea. When he does, increase the size of the area and do the same thing... slowly keep increase the area he is allowed to play in and he should figure out that he has to pee and poop in the litter box.

My 2 bunnies untrained themselves and I had to retrain them.It tok me a weekend of constant monitoring and having them locked in their cage (and not at all happy about it)... but by the end of the weekend, they were going in their litter box more consistently.

Also - maybe you need to put down more litters than just one if your bunny likes to go in multiple places. I have 3 litter boxes in one bedroom, and my 2 bunnies use all 3 of them.

Latest posts

Back