How do I get rid of my rabbit's bad behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Ron

Reaction score
My dutch lion-head mix rabbit is about 3 months of age and he don't mind me changing his hay or feeding him or messing with his cage when he's inside it. And i never pick him up i always let him come to me. But when he's in my lap and i'm petting him he likes to chew on my shirts and makes holes in them and every time i try to push him away and try and get him to stop he bites me. How do I break his bad behavior?

OneClick Pets

the best trick is, as soon as he nips you/your clothes, to gently press his head down to the ground (or your lap if he's in it) and hold it there for a few seconds. that's how a momma bun would discipline a kit, so he'll know what you're trying to say. that trick worked wonders when my lionhead used to nibble on my clothing.

Are there things your rabbit CAN chew on? Maybe you could keep an old shirt or something handy & put it on your lap to save your good clothes.

Make sure that ANY bad behavior is met immediately with corrective measures EVERY time--consistency is also a big KEY factor in getting them to be good citizens.

:yeahthat:

I also agree with pinning the head down and offering other toys.

Latest posts

Back