How Chickens are Made

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK Bunnies

Reaction score
I've seen this on you tube a couple times and I thought I'd post:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkuohLV2u0k&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkuohLV2u0k&feature=related[/ame]

I don't want to be mean or anything, but that's really horrible, poor little chickens. :(

i have raised beby chickens and i gotta tell you with mom they go through much worse. a little toss and tumble wont hurt them dont worry.

if you watch closly they never tumble or are tossed more then 3-4 inches. the fall from mums nest is more then that. and i bet the food is better there too.. and there vaccinating them! that is good for the layers, not so much for the food...

i like chickens, and chicken.

That is horrible. They are living, breathing creatures...not a toy going through an assembly line.

I wish places like that never existed. I wish a lot of places harming animals never existed.

Over here there is a season of food programmes on channel 4 and several of them are focusing on chickens and the chicken industry:

http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/the-big-food-fight/the-big-food-fight.html

It sounds likea good idea, although I haven't been able to watch any. They are too horrible.:(Just seeing our pet chicken potter around the garden is enough to make me hate the battery hen industry - hens should be running around in the open air not cooped in tiny cages.:(

Vey true what they go through natrually is ALOT worse. I had chickens before and would love to have some again. They are so awesome.

I miss my Arizona she was one tough mama hen.

we had one my dad named buffalo, i thought it was becasue he was tough, then we had buffalo wings. :(

my favorite was definatly flipper, i named him and saved him. he was boarn with on wing, and a deformed leg. my dad wanted to kill him but i said no. i was probably wrong in prolonging his messed up little life, but i loved him. he only lived a few months but he was so vibrant and full of life. he fell from the top of the hen house, how he got there who knows. probably climed the roosting walks.

at least he died with dignity, trying to fly.

i named him flipper cause he pretty much lived in a trough and swam all day... before him i had only had ducklings so i was a little cnfused. but he loved every second of it, it was so easy for him to get around al though i have to admit, he did have a tendency to swim in circles if he got too excited!

but any ways as i said before... they go through much worse normally.

My daughter's kindergarten class hatched chicks around easter one year... she talked her teacher into letting her bring one home... it enede up being a male and really mean... my daughter named him Satan...lol...he ran loose for several years ... my dogs were afraid of him...

we use to keep chickens at my parents house. . . it happens to be one of my parents favorite stories about my animal-loving self:

so i am 12, and i want a goat, badly, i love nubian goats, always have, well my parents put a firm no on that and i retorted "well, can't i get a different pet then?" my dad told me that i couldn't get anything with hooves, so naturally i said "well then, i would like a few chickens"

laughingly my parents agree, thinking the fresh eggs would be nice, and the natural bug killers would help our grasshopper problems, and well, frankly that i would lose interest in a bunch of smell old chickens rather quickly. boy were they wrong.

so a week later i went to a farm were they had just gotten a batch of 50 chicks, all different breeds, the man said i could pick 5 out to keep for myself.

for the next month the chicks lived in our spare bedroom in a giant box. they went outside to play with me, fell asleep cuddled around me as i would lay on a blanket and read. they sat in my lap while i watched tv, and would fallow me around anywere, always comming for a "here chick, chick, chick"

fastforward a year and they are all outside in a huge hutch with caged in area, one turned out to be a male, and he hated everyone but me, i was one of his hens, cricket would only let me approach him, me hold him, and me feed him.

fast forward another year and i got into 4-h, we decided to expand our hutch and add 25 more chicken. we got our order of 25 chicks and my brother picked out an adorable little silver laced polish girl and named her sonny (no idea why, but that is about as random as my brother is). sonny thought she was a dog, for sure. she would fallow us around, attempt to get into the house if we didn't close the door quick enough (and this is as an adult chicken, not a baby chick) she would fallow us down the road if we went for a walk. we have a huge fire pit we have regular campfires in during the summer, and sonny would come strolling up to use large as life, hop on my lap and fall sound asleep.

now, i fully say chickens aren't the smartest of animals, but they are smarter then a lot of people give them credit for. i hope to own a small flock of them again one day, they are fun animals to have

Latest posts

Back