How can you tell?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbo1993

Reaction score
i am still not shure how to tell if my doe is prego. last time she was not but they met again and now her tummie is getting bigger! can anyone help me?\

anything can help websites, experance, or books

WHATEVER I JUST WANT TO KEEP MY OREO BABY HEALTHY!!

How long has it been seen she was exposed to a bucck? Do you know any breeders in your area that can palp her? Do you have a rabbit savvy vet that can palp her?

If she only recently been exposed to a buck then her weight gain is probably not pregnancy related. They usually don't get much bigger until the last week and lots of them don't even then.

Roger

Any idea how far on she is? rabbits are pregnant for around 31 days. for this time usually most breeders leave them quiet though a lot of places say exercise as normal obviously don't put her anywhere near the buck! Keep her eating and everything as normal until she is having the babies. For a couple of days before you can offer her a tum or half a tum just to make sure her callcium level is not to low.

there was a good sticky maybe its in the libaray now about rabbits conception to birth maybe one of the mods knows where its gone. i will try and find out for you :)

How long has it been since they "met"? A rabbit doesn't really "show" a pregnancy until right before they deliver. Gestation is 31 days. If it's been a month, you should be ready with a nest box and nesting materials.

Phinnsmommy wrote:
Just wondering- why did you want to breed her?
i know this sounds like a am a bad mommy but it was kinda an accadent. see my dad had to cut the grass so he put my babies inside wile i was in the "potty room" he came knocked on the door and he told me that they were on the couch to hurry up. when i came out of the "potty room" i had Animal Planet Live on my couch! i know BAD MOMMY!! :bigtears:

You're not a bad mommy, accidents can happen. You do need to make sure, though, that your whole family knows never to put the rabbits together for any amount of time, as obviously it only takes seconds for a doe to get pregnant. Are you going to get your buck neutered? That way (eight weeks after the neuter, not until then) you could try bonding them so they each have a friend.

Look on the calendar and mark on there the day, or as close as you can remember, that your doe got bred. She will be due to have babies 32 days after that. You will need to put a nestbox in her cage at about day 29-30. Don't do it any sooner, though, or she might jsut go potty in it.

Latest posts

Back