How can I get my bunny to stop biting at her cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nugget1

Reaction score
Every morning and some nights my bunny chews at her cage and rattles it and chews her box and I just can't sleep! What can I do or put on the cage to stop her from chewing?

What kind of house is she in? Does she get play time to run around?

For my French lop I would have to let him out to run for 30-40 min right before bed. After that i slept much better and so did he!

She is in a farret condo cage but my chinchilla is in one half and she has the other but both have two levels. She gets plenty of play time more than an hour almost each day as long as she is not sleeping when I'm around to watch her.

3-4 hours outside the cage daily, and ignore her completely when she rattles. During her time out, open her cage door whether she's sleeping or not, bunnies sleep in short naps not long deep sleeps, she'll wake up in no time and be happy to run around.

Thanks! I'll have to try to give her more time. Is there anything I can get to entertain her in the cage like toys she will actually play with?

Our bunny does this as well, especially in the evening once we go to bed and in the morning once he hears us stirring. It's a way they try to get your attention. Playtime outside their cage is what he/she want.

If that isn't possible, I usually put a piece of a brown cardboard box in his cage because that's what my rabbit loves to do....chew on cardboard. That'll usually entertain him until I can eventually let him out, either soon after or hours later after work.

Hope that helps!

when you figure that one out, let me know. LOL. Mine doesn't quit

She has been better actually but she does get a lot more play time and I got her a nice new box with lots of hay and cardboard and also her little sticks! Whatever I did worked or she just calmed down more

Latest posts

Back