How can I build and outside cage for Nepo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
Nepo is going to liveoutside from now on, so for those of you that have built cages for yourbunnies or who know a good website, can you please give goodinformation? I want it to be big enough and good enough for badweather. Since there is a lot of space outside my dad said we couldbuild another cage for another bunny, while we are at it:). Howshouldthe cage be so Nepo will comfortable and happy? I livein Florida if that helps.:D]

By the way I finally got to trance Nepo, he letme. But I can't post the picture because I have to install the digitalcamera and I don't know a thing about that:p.

hhhmmmm.....the thing I would worry about inFlorida is the very hot weather. I know buns can stand some prettyserious cold, but they cannot handle high temperatures well atall. So that's something to take into consideration.... (I'm surepeople here will have helpful tips for housing)

Why is he moving outside? :?

I put wheels(childrens bicycle, lawn mower, etc.)on our hutches so they may be moved out of inclement weather andprevent urine/feces build-up in any one area of our yard.Screen door handles make good points to latch on to when moving hutch.

Large overhang all around the hutch, in the neighborhood of eight inches or more, keeps interior dryer.

Opening front and roof makes cleaning chores easier and easier to grasprabbits when necessary. I prop up roof with a suitably attached woodenstick.

Corrugated plastic sheeting (Lowe's) functions better than shingles for roofing because it is not near as heavy as the latter.

Color-stain hutches because it is easier than attempting to paint same.

Separate sleeping chamber and outside chamber.

Feed bowls, J-Feeder kept inside sleeping chamber so weather doesn't spoil food.

I build a hay rack from wire fencing and attach it to the inside of the sleeping compartment...protects from weather.

I use 1/2" x 1/2" hardware cloth for floors and outside compartmentwalls. Size permits most poops through, yet provides bettersupport for delicate tootsies than the customary 1/2" x 1" wire usedfor floors. The 1/2" x 1/2" hardware cloth seems to work finefor walls and means no critters like raccoons and snakescanreach or climbin to get at the buns.

Just some points/suggestions I've come up with over the years.

Buck

Latest posts

Back