how bad is it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
I have 2 bonded free roam bunnies.

I have an apartment and I'm buying a house in March but the apt. I'm in has HUGE massive spiders and I can't live here anymore. I want to leave and stay with my boyfriends parents, but how bad is it to move them to his house now and then move again into a house in March? Or whenever I find one. I don't want them to have health or bonding issues if I keep moving them. Someone help?

Edit: Even if I don't leave the apartment they still need to be moved for a few days because they are coming in to bomb it and fix the cracks (again) so that's at least one more "move for them to add"

Would you be staying with your boyfriend's parents for the whole time between now and when you get your house?

If so, I'd say the rabbits should be okay. They'll probably take a little while to adjust, but should be fine, especially since they have each other and you to keep things consistent.

Iagree, moving a lot would case the buns a lot of stress, aslong as you try and keep most things the same, eg feeding times, play times etc they should be ok

Okay I'm really worried about this whole thing. I don't know what to do because they would have to be in the basement and it isn't finished so it's kinda cold and cement floor.

I am trying to see if they will move me into an apartment that isn't near the woods. That might help me out, so hopefully they do it. Otherwise I'm abandoning it and I will have to pay rent until someone else rents it out. That would be way better for them I think. But I don't know what I'm going to do with them for the next 8 months.

There is no WAY I will rehome them because of this but I might need a home for them for 8 months. I'm about to cry

Edit: The spiders are poisonous so I can't keep them here anymore

In light of the fact that the spiders are poisionus, I would definitly move bunnies out.

In my opinion, 8 months in a temperary location would be okay. Make an area similar to what they would have when they move to get them used to. Build a large NIC cage or pen if you will have to contain them at the new place and introduce them to it now.

Rabbits handle the cold much better than the heat, as long as they stay dry. You can put some ply wood or something over top of the cement if you are worried about cold floor.

I have sent my buns to bunny sitters for the week end or for a month long vacation. They where perfectly fine. Took a day or so to adjust to the new surroundings. And Zeke hates travelling.

--Dawn

Ok boyfriend's mom said no bunnies for 8 months. :(I hope they let me switch apartments......I don't know what else to do:sad:

Wow sounds like a pretty bad apartment complex. I could not live there with all those spiders (even if I didn't have a bunny!)

:shock:

I definitely feel for you and can tell that you have your buns best interest at heart. You sound like a good bunny parent and I'm sorry for the frustrations you are dealing with now.:bunnyhug:

As far as moving buns...We moved a total of 5 times with my bonded pair Buddy and Carmel (spanning ages 2-4). At one point, we didn't know where we were going to live and were hotel hopping with them. It is tough, but as long as your buns are with you and they have each other, I'm sure everything will be ok. What I did was set their pen up the exact same way in every place that we stayed. Litterboxes in the same spot, water, food, etc...

My buns were mostly just curious about the new places and enjoyed exploring when they could (supervised of course). They certainly leaned on each other for support so I'm glad that they were bonded. The hardest time was when we had to stay with my parents for a while. The buns were not allowed to roam anywhere in the house, so they were confined to their pen (in my room)all of the time. The only run time I could get for them was out in the back yard when the weather was good. But it was hard and broke my heart that they had to be confined so much.

As far as the spiders in your apartment, I think that it is just horrible that you have to live with that. I'm sure you've done everything you can with demanding that your landlords rectify the problem. And they should. If nothing else, maybe there is someone who could foster for you until you get your new home?? Gosh, my heart really does go out to you and your buns.

-Beth

:yeahthat:Beth has offered some good insight. On a few occasions I have taken bunnies along on short trips (we had to take Stewart to my hubby's dad's funeral...well not the actual funeral...because he was on meds at the time). All of our bunnies have done okay with being somewhere different. I've just spent extra time with them wherever we've been, and it seems to work out. We do have a bun who hates car travel...so I try to limit any trips for her. Still, it's not like you will be moving every month.

Someone to foster your bunnies is a super suggestion. You may not need someone for the entire time. If I were closer, I'd certainly offer them a spot here for as long as they needed. I think you could find someone to help you out with that.

Keep us posted!

-Mary Ellen

Latest posts

Back