How bad is it for rabbits to have fleas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
When my rabbit was smaller he had fleas and I was able to remove them with a spray that’s for rabbits. I just had to spray it on and make sure he was warm n I had to use a thingy to remove the fleas since they were running to his face. After that he didn’t scratch or anything. A few months have passed by since then and I can tell that he may have some again since we do have a cat and then a stray that we feed which comes in and out of the house. He’s always scratching his ears and like above his eye where his eyelashes are at. I feel really bad because I can tell he’s itchy. Is there anything I can give him to remove the fleas? I’ve heard of revolution and advantage but I’m not sure which one is like for sure safe. Can anyone tell me? Thank you!

I have used both revolution and advatage and I used advatage for awhile and noticed it wasn't working at all but I just got revolution and I have noticed a significant diffrence and haven't seen any fleas since

Revolution is safer than advatage and works better, it may be a little more expensive but it works fantastic!

I have used both revolution and advatage and I used advatage for awhile and noticed it wasn't working at all but I just got revolution and I have noticed a significant diffrence and haven't seen any fleas since

Revolution is safer than advatage and works better, it may be a little more expensive but it works fantastic!
Do you know like literally which one I should get? like can you show me which one you used?

I would use Revolution(selamectin). It's easiest, safest, and covers mites too, but it is rx so you would have to get it from your vet. The dosing for Revolution for rabbits is 3 times the dose used for cats and dogs. Dosing for rabbits is 18mg/kg. Original Advantage can be used, but it's now reformulated as Advantage II in the US, with an additional ingredient that some rabbits may be sensitive to.

Medirabbit: fleas

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Fleas

I would use Revolution(selamectin). It's easiest, safest, and covers mites too, but it is rx so you would have to get it from your vet. The dosing for Revolution for rabbits is 3 times the dose used for cats and dogs. Dosing for rabbits is 18mg/kg. Original Advantage can be used, but it's now reformulated as Advantage II in the US, with an additional ingredient that some rabbits may be sensitive to.

Medirabbit: fleas

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Fleas
Ahh okay. I’ll look into it tomorrow morning. Thank you and wow those pictures really made me cringe

Back